5 replies to this topic

#1 MikeAdams

MikeAdams

Planet Basic Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 July 2016 - 10:01 AM

When I add the flash unit there are no options that appear when the flash button is pressed, and the flash never fires. The Mitros is listed as being Nikon-compatible.

#2 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19725 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 23 July 2016 - 12:01 AM

Mike,

Call the manufacturer for advice.

It doesnt sound like it is compatible with your camera. If it actually is, they will give you the correct configure and how to execute it.

...................... 🎥 Just another Photography buff! 🎥 .....................

|_____________________________________________________|

#3 MikeAdams

MikeAdams

Planet Basic Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 04:22 AM

Mike,
Call the manufacturer for advice.
It doesnt sound like it is compatible with your camera. If it actually is, they will give you the correct configure and how to execute it.

Yeah, I have sent requests to both Nikon and Phottix. So far the D500 is proving to not play nice. Won't use the old batteries, the old AC power supply, IR remote release, and now the flash! Mind you, with the high ISO functionality maybe the flash isn't so important.

#4 Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5313 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 04:38 AM

I assume your version is specifically Nikon compatible - otherwise you won't get the flash (TTL etc) options as it won't be recognised by the camera.

Also have you had these working on previous Nikon's or are they new?

As to it 'playing nice' then it is very common for new bodies not to be backwards compatible with previous products and accessories so i don't see that as a negative.

Edited by Black Pearl, 23 July 2016 - 04:40 AM.

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him.

#5 MikeAdams

MikeAdams

Planet Basic Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 July 2016 - 09:21 AM

I assume your version is specifically Nikon compatible - otherwise you won't get the flash (TTL etc) options as it won't be recognised by the camera.
Also have you had these working on previous Nikon's or are they new?

As to it 'playing nice' then it is very common for new bodies not to be backwards compatible with previous products and accessories so i don't see that as a negative.

The flash worked perfectly with the D7200, however the wording in the D500 manual suggests only Nikon flashes are supported.

I am not really complaining but, while the specs state it uses the same batteries as the 7200, Nikon has just issued a recall for the old batteries and the alternate AC power system is no longer recognized. I would still have bought the 500 if I had known this ahead of time but at least I could have got the needed accessories at the same time.

#6 MikeAdams

MikeAdams

Planet Basic Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:21 PM

Okay. Face palm confession time. The last time I used it, the flash was slaved to the Odin controller, so it was patiently waiting for a command. Once I decoupled them, everything worked fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users