• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Old Dog New Tricks

Old Dog New Tricks

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8034 posts
  • Interests:Scenic & Nature Photography, Travel, Cooking, Kayaking, Grandson and Granddaughter.

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:23 PM

It was 18 degrees Fahrenheit this morning and windy, it warmed up enough to have freezing rain and higher winds.  No shooting today so I dug out my book on PS by Martin Evening and played.  

This is the new Eagle at the Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge.  It is just off of I-90 facing it, on a dirt road that goes part way around the Main Pool.  This drive gives you an opportunity to shoot the bird on the water and adjacent areas.  I make a lap around it everytime I drive by. 

This day it was overcast and gloomy but I wanted a picture.  Today I used some selection techniques and masking to allow me to enhance selected areas.

Attached File  befaft.jpg   271.35KB   0 downloads

I got in a bit of a "discussion" with someone on another forum about PP.  He didn't think it was proper to do it.  To mean its part of the process and fun of photography.

Posted Image

"Photography is man's attempt at immortality. To save our memories and share them. The places we have been, the people we have known, the things we have done. To share with others for eternity, or until the images fade away."

Shooting with
Film Nikon N60, N70(2), EM, Mamiya C-330, C-33, RB67
Digital Nikon D7100 D7000, Nikon D200(RIP), Fuji S3Pro(Retired)

#2 james23p

james23p

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21427 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:30 PM

Now thats a BIG Bird!  :lol:

Jim

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

D700 w/MB-D10, D605 w/MB-D14, D200 w/MB-D200, D50, Coolpix P330.

Nikon 1 stuff: Nikon V1, Nikkor 10mm f2.8 pancake w/HN-N101 & HC-N101, Nikkor 10-30mm f3.5-5.6 w/HB-N101 Aspherical VR,, Nikkor 18.5mm f1.8 w/HB-N104, Nikon 1 FT-1, SB-N5 w/Polaroid Diffuser .

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D, Nikkor 18-35 f3.5-4.5 AF-D ED.

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Sigma 24-70 f2.8 EX DG HSM, Tamron's SP 70-200 f2.8 LD Di IF/Macro BIM, Kenko Pro 300 1.4 TC DGX, Tokina 100 f2.8D Macro At-X.

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#3 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18077 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:32 PM

Very nice looking statue!

How do they get the Eagle to pose like that?
:P

SignaturePic_zpsfmrwh4ny.jpg

#4 Old Dog New Tricks

Old Dog New Tricks

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • 8034 posts
  • Interests:Scenic & Nature Photography, Travel, Cooking, Kayaking, Grandson and Granddaughter.

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:06 AM

Hypnotized it!

Posted Image

"Photography is man's attempt at immortality. To save our memories and share them. The places we have been, the people we have known, the things we have done. To share with others for eternity, or until the images fade away."

Shooting with

#5 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5381 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:23 PM

I got in a bit of a "discussion" with someone on another forum about PP.  He didn't think it was proper to do it.  To mean its part of the process and fun of photography.

I agree with you.  In addition, folks like Matthew Brady were making darkroom adjustments during the US Civil War.

That said, your top image looks more natural.  The bottom image looks like strong HDR.  Also, there seems to be a strong list to Port.  :)

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#6 Old Dog New Tricks

Old Dog New Tricks

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • 8034 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:33 PM

Top was the before.  The lower one wasn't treated with HDR, but I did push some of the sliders maybe farther than needed.  I selected the eagle adjusted that, then adjusted the sky, adjusted that and then tweaked the background.

Posted Image

Shooting with

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users