• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 justshootit

justshootit

Deep Space Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4310 posts
  • Interests:Event photography, candids, getting photos of people at their best.

Posted 07 September 2018 - 03:00 PM

ODS = Over Drive Sync. This is the same thing as Pocket Wizard's HyperSync. It lets you sync the flash at shutter speeds higher than your camera's max sync speed.

I was able to get a well exposed shot with manageable gradation from an SB-26 at full power on a D610 at 1/4000th sec at f/1.8 and ISO 50. The flash was behind a shoot-thru umbrella.

At full power -1/3 stop, however, banding set because the flash duration drops when the IGBT circuit kicks in below full power.

I'm seriously considering getting a White Lightning x3200 (1320Ws) and trying the test with that.

I like these HyperSync and HiSync scenarios because they get around the power loss from High Speed Sync.

Edited by justshootit, 07 September 2018 - 09:22 PM.

Don
==========================================================
Digital: D610 backed up by a D1x.  Quoted from an unknown source by a fellow planeteer, "Never get rid of a working D1x." I've got to agree.

Film: N90s, F3, F100, F4s, C330s. A few lenses.

Why film photography? I like shooting with the equipment. 6x6 Velvia slides from a C330 have an appeal all their own.

Why automated 35mm/Digital cameras? Event photography is about capturing moments. It often requires quick response. Well done automaton can be your friend or your enemy. It all depends on knowing what it can and can't do. "A man's got to know his (camera's) limitations." paraphrasing Dirty Harry...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users