#1 NCortez

NCortez

Planet Citizen Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:39 PM

http://heldinson.wix....com/ncorimages
I started a small website to showcase some of my photography works done over the years. These photos are screaming to me to let them out of the hard driveLOL. I am thinking of turning this into a full dotcom website, but I though I would ask everyone opinion or suggestion if theres something I need to improve before doing so.. . I kept the layout as simple as it gets to be user friendly.
Let me know what you think, suggestions?....is it worth to turn into a DOTCOM site (120USD/year for my own domain)..anything I need to improve to be more user friendly. Your suggestion will be highly appreciated.

I hope I post this in this right forum.

Regards to all and thank you

D610

D300s
SB-600
Nikon 60mm/2.8 Micro AF
Nikon 50mm/1.8 AF-s G
Nikon 16-35mm/4  VR AF-s
Nikon 70-200/2.8 AF-S VR-II G
Nikon TC20E III

My link : Ncor Images

Dreamstime Stockphoto portfolio

#2 james23p

james23p

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22335 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 07 September 2017 - 08:49 PM

About as good as any place to post.

I am at work so I really can't look at the site but I will when I get home but I am sure you have some great photos based on what you post here.

As far as the dotcom thing I am unsure to be honest since I do not have my own site. I know a few members here have their own sites so maybe they will jump in.

Jim

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

D700 w/MB-D10, D605 w/MB-D14, D200 w/MB-D200, D50, Coolpix P330.

Nikon 1 stuff: Nikon V1, Nikkor 10mm f2.8 pancake w/HN-N101 & HC-N101, Nikkor 10-30mm f3.5-5.6 w/HB-N101 Aspherical VR,, Nikkor 18.5mm f1.8 w/HB-N104, Nikon 1 FT-1, SB-N5 w/Polaroid Diffuser .

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D, Nikkor 18-35 f3.5-4.5 AF-D ED.

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Sigma 24-70 f2.8 EX DG HSM, Tamron's SP 70-200 f2.8 LD Di IF/Macro BIM, Kenko Pro 300 1.4 TC DGX, Tokina 100 f2.8D Macro At-X.

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#3 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19187 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:21 PM

Hi Nelson, how have you been??  Haven't heard from you in some time.

Will take a look.

...................... 🎥 Just another Photography buff! 🎥 .....................

|_____________________________________________________|

#4 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19187 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 07 September 2017 - 09:33 PM

Nelson,

It is a simple website, but functional.  A good start overall.

What are you trying to convey from this?

Are you for hire, or just showing off your images?  Let me know and I will shape my comments accordingly.

#5 Wheatsack

Wheatsack

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6385 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 02:44 AM

Pretty cool site Nelson....but what Art said... where to from here.

Peter................................................ f8....and be there....

#6 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5971 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 08 September 2017 - 12:19 PM

Hi Nelson,

Thanks for sharing the link.  At this point, I would agree with Art.

When it comes to web sites and domain names, you might want to shop around.  Go-Daddy can provide you with a domain name for far less than that.  Sites like Zenfolio will allow you to use your Go-Daddy domain name.  I use Zenfolio, and I'm paying far less than what you quoted.  One cautionary note:  if you don't like my specific design, you can point the finger at me; not Zenfolio.  :wub:   The good news is that there are loads more.  :)

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#7 NCortez

NCortez

Planet Citizen Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 10:32 PM

@Jim thank God I am in a right place to post this:-). Anytime feel free to view my site.

@Art just very bz lately, with work, family, and of course the summer,This site was already online since last year, I added few pix lately, and decide to share and see what you think. I am not really for hire, but some people I met ask me if I have a website for them to look. So embarrassing to give them an http.... link that I feel like so very noob :-) to share with. I am not really a pro in the field but at least earning a pocket change through my stock photos. If someone trusted me to works as a photographer for an assignment via this site, then why not, but I am not ready to give up my day job to pursue and make a living taking picture, I am not at that level yet.

@Wheatsack ; I appreciate that.

@sailjunkie, you are right 120$ is a lot compare to other web provide. I will shop around....

D610

D300s
SB-600
Nikon 60mm/2.8 Micro AF
Nikon 50mm/1.8 AF-s G
Nikon 16-35mm/4  VR AF-s
Nikon 70-200/2.8 AF-S VR-II G
Nikon TC20E III

My link : Ncor Images

Dreamstime Stockphoto portfolio

#8 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19187 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:56 PM

Nelson,

As a website to just show off your images, I think it is fine. I would keep the swim suit stuff separate from your portraits.

Other than that, it works.

Problem with Websites is that no one really makes a great, affordable, photography template you can use.  I have scoured WordPress and purchased a few and gave up on them.  All GARBAGE.

A nice site costs money with no guarantee of any return.

#9 Leaviathan

Leaviathan

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1011 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Musician-bass, guitar, piano, lap steel, percussion. Audio Engineer-software & hardware platforms.

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:06 PM

Looks good to me, I would definitely have tabs for different categories.

Nikon D-3300 18-55 VRII, 1971 Nikkor 135mm Q-Auto, Tamron 70-300 AF. Not much! But I'm working on mastering what I do have.

#10 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 14153 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:01 PM

Don't put a lot of images in each category, 12 maybe. Then rotate with your others. That way it looks fresh. To much pics, and folks move on.

Don't mix. Family portraits should just be family. Glamour should just be glamour. Portraits should just be portraits. Headshots and so on. Don't have to mention categories, it's like having too much pictures.

Be sure to post what you want to do. If products, glamor should be there. If you have a pet project, that's just for you, mention it.

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group

Nikon D4, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#11 Peter

Peter

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1101 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:10 PM

Just one comment about one of your images... the exterior shot of Falling Water... the Western Pennsylvania Conservancy specifically states that all photographs of the exterior are "for personal use only". So be careful if you display images for sale or are asked to sell a copy. I read all about it when looking into visiting there - they have some weird rules.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users