Photo

Welcome to our new members and a few notes.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis

Dennis

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15406 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 25 September 2014 - 10:44 PM

Welcome to all our current and future members. It's great that you're here and we just love to see pictures. That is what this site is about; all about shooting and information about shooting. And best of all, the posting of our results. 

We have several categories that should fit most needs. We are also talking about organizing and creating new boards. So, post away. We even have a critique board that is meant to help and encourage. We moderators want to keep this a family friendly board, so flaming will be dealt with. So, don't be worried about posting your pictures. We are all here to learn and to help as much as we can. Remember, it is the journey that makes this all fun.

As for posting your pictures, we just have a simple rules.

1) G rating. We could have kids here, and this site is meant to be family friendly. So all can enjoy. So, nudes of any kind is obviously not appropriate on our site. But, there can be other types as well, like violence. If in doubt, ask one of the mod's. We will be happy to help in this regard.

2) Size. Please limit your images to 850 pixels on the long size and no more than 300kb. I also like to take this opportunity to let you know that this is a free site. But, it does cost Darrell money to provide. Every year around October, a donation drive occurs. You are free to give whatever you feel is appropriate. More information about that will be in the post when the drive occurs. It helps with the cost of hosting all the images and topic we have.

That is about it. See, simple. Again, keep in in mind that we are more like a global family and we strive to keep it friendly. People will have different opinions about different things, and we respect that. We also wish to remind folks, that one can express those thoughts in a positive manner. And, at some point it is good to agree to disagree. Remember, that since this is all done in text, it can be hard to see the intent of the written word. Don't assume that something someone types is a dig of some sort. We have found that most of the time, it was innocent, just poorly written. Keep in mind, that we do have people from all over the world, and english is not everyone's primary language.

So, please have fun; post your pic's and lets get talking!

Attached File  _DJS2696-1.jpg   210.54KB   0 downloads

Sincerely, your mods.

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group, NPS member.

Nikon Z7 (My wifes, but I'm allowed to use it once a quarter), Z6, D4, D850, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#2 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21425 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:52 AM

Welcome new Members.  A short tutorial on how to add an AVATAR to your account. We strongly encourage you to get this set up sooner, rather than later.

On the top right hand corner of the main forum page you will notice your user name.  Click on it to open a drop down window.  In that drop down window, click on MY PROFILE.

You will see a BLACK button on the top right that says, "Edit my Profile" Click on that!

Attached File  Pic-0.jpg   219.58KB   0 downloads

That will take you to the Edit Window to upload your image for your AVATAR....

Click on the top left corner of the spot the AVATAR will reside in to open the UPLOAD options.....

Attached File  Pic-1.jpg   352.11KB   0 downloads

This window will present itself:

Attached File  Pic-2.jpg   179.69KB   0 downloads

Click CHOOSE FILE and the window to your Hard Drive content will open. Drill down to where you keep the image you wish to use, select it....Click CHOOSE

Attached File  Pic-3.jpg   226.88KB   0 downloads

and then click DONE.

And, you are done.  Please note, PlanetNikon is a Family Friendly site.  Please select an image of yourself or any tasteful image for your AVATAR!

Thanks

Signature_Line_V4

#3 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 23696 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:32 AM

As Art said it is really nice to have an Avatar it makes the forum look more inviting and it does personalize it a bit more!

Thanks Jim

PS Nice work Art

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users