#1 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7388 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:20 PM

I'll believe when I see, but Nikon Rumours is more credible than many others.

https://nikonrumors....px/#more-130304

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#2 Dennis

Dennis

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15402 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:27 PM

In talking to a few reps, I knew the D6 and the D760 was in the works. No details of course. Whitch makes sense, as these were probably in the pipe. they also told me that there will be an D860, that I don't believe. It wouldn't have been in the pipe, and would compete with the Z series. But, we will see. If the Z series takes off, I think new F bodies will not be in the works.

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group, NPS member.

Nikon Z7 (My wifes, but I'm allowed to use it once a quarter), Z6, D4, D850, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#3 ericbowles

ericbowles

Planet Guardian Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:46 AM

I like the move to continue the DSLR lineup while building mirrorless.  Right now there are not enough premium lenses for mirrorless to stand alone.  And the DSLR excels for action and situations where fast AF is important.

The D750 was ready for an update,  It's a good camera, but there are a number of easy updates that will make a difference.  Increasing buffer, UHS-II SD cards, Bluetooth/Wifi, update AF, and some of the software updates found in the Z6 would be a nice step forward.  I don't think it gets the separate AF processor and related AF performance of the D850/860.

I could easily see a D850 update with some similar ideas.  The XQD card slot can be updated to CFExpress, update Bluetooth/Wifi, add split screen to the rear LCD, update video, and update AF with the Wide modes.  The iMenu found in the Z7/Z6 is a great feature and can be added to LiveView.  It's much better than MyMenu which still has a place.

The D6 should be a big step forward with CFExpress cards, updated communication, and iMenu.  The video capabilities of the Z7/Z6 are excellent and should move to the D6.

Eric Bowles

Bowles Images

www.bowlesimages.com

Join my Workshops and Tours - Workshops and Private Instruction 

#4 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21419 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 05 December 2018 - 12:01 PM

D760? Not Surprised, mostly due to the hugely popular D750 with Wedding Photographers. And like Dennis said, most likely, it was already in the pipeline.

D6? Not really surprised. The Olympics are coming and the D5 is getting long in the tooth, I think.  Also, unless a Z9 is in the works to be released, the D6 seems like the tried and true weapon of choice and the last hurrah! I don't see a D7 in the future.

D860? Why?  I see no point or purpose.  And, what are they going to add to it that the D850 doesn't already have.  I am unaware of any issues mechanically or otherwise with the D850 that needs to be corrected.  So, what can possibly encourage someone to buy an "upgrade", which in all likelihood, if it happens, will be minor.  Any minor additions will just drive the price up more as well. Rumor in my books, and I don't believe it will happen.

Signature_Line_V4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users