The Morning Mule

The Ultimate Wedding Shooter's JPG

Posted by mule_patterson, 21 June 2006 - * * * * * · 1224 views
Going Nikon Digital in 2006
The Ultimate Wedding Shooter's JPG
Falling in Love with Quantity & Quality

I started out shooting digital wedding with the most idealistic intentions. Raw images only. Handcrafted files for optimum quality. Numerous original and printing files. More numerous hours spent postprocessing.

Alright, enough is enough. Iím not getting paid to spend 8-1...

The Ultimate Nikon Digital Snapshot

Posted by mule_patterson, 21 June 2006 - - - - - - · 496 views
The Ultimate Nikon Digital Snapshot
Shooting for High Quality Prints without Postprocessing

Every convert to the digital realm is faced with the same dilemma Ė how to recreate the film experience and shoot snapshots that can be reliably printed with little or no computer postprocessing. So why donít I get that when I shoot with my new DSLR?

The defau...

Balancing for Performance

Posted by mule_patterson, 19 June 2006 - - - - - - · 492 views
Discovering the Nikon D200
I'd like to iterate some preferences I've developed since acquiring a D200 some three weeks ago. I've run through the list of D200 accessories and found that less is more. In terms of technique and response to photo opps, simplicity rules in my book. Here's what I like and don't like.

Nikon MB-D200, Multi-Function Vertical Grip / Batt...

The Mule Goes BIG!

Posted by mule_patterson, 05 June 2006 - - - - - - · 467 views
Discovering the Nikon D200
This week was the most significant one for me in a long while - like since I started shooting digitally!After selling my trusty D70 on eBay last week, I am a giddy, hyper, driven new D200 owner. The D200 is going to change my photographic life. It's not my first digicam - I started with the Olympus 2100 UZ. That 2 megapixel, 10X wonder made me sal...

Nikon or Adobe: Friends or Foes?

Posted by mule_patterson, 10 April 2006 - - - - - - · 578 views
Now that we are all accustomed to replacing very expensive camera gear in a one or two year intervals, we deserve to know where digital photography is going, don't we? So let's muse on where it is headed...

A convergence in primary technologies always occurs when they mature and conflict with each other for cost or compatibility. We're seeing...

December 2017

S M T W T F S
1011121314 15 16

My Picture

Recent Comments