• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 photojazz

photojazz

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19630 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photography, , More Photography, More Photography and now the Philadelphia Eagles.

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:12 AM

BUF (Bottomline Upfront) Military Term! BUF: Someone slap me! Why? Thinking about buying a Fuji S3 or S5 Pro Because: I have always loved the colors produced by their CCD sensor. My first and still using digi cam is a S7000. I had some prints made an I and still astonished when I look at them. Okay, I have not printed any out from Da 50 or Der D200 but the thought keep coming back again. Price is at an affordable rate now. Oh well, thought went away!!!! :blink:

PhotoJazz - Just Capturing Life
PlanetNikon Member 141

I photo-shoot with film, digital and medium format cameras, which includes the following:
Nikon D605, D200, F4E, F5, FE2 (Black & Silver), EM
Mamiya C330 Professional, M645 1000s, RB67
Bronica ETRSI

iPhone 8+
And I have some lenses.

Additional: Video editing with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro X 10.4 and LumaFusion

C&C Is Always Welcome!!

#2 erie patsellis

erie patsellis

Planet Citizen Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:17 PM

Not even considering the S2 anymore? depending on what you're using it for, the 6 mp sensor may not be an issue. Using Fuji's raw software, it will output a 12mp file, plenty big enough for any practical usage. (of course, I'm partial, owning one, though I've played with the S5, it just doesn't do it for me, personally) erie
Nikon F, 5 or so F2 (several flavors), 3-F3/MD4, F4, Nikon D1X, D2X, Nikon D2Hs, D3, Fuji S2, Kodak SLR/N, 3 IR and full spectrum D100's, more glass than a person should own, 2-RB67/lotsa glass, Hassy 500EL 50/80/150/250, Megavision S3 back, Sinar 4x5 F, 4x5/8x10 P, 16x20, 20x24 cameras, Betterlight scanback, more LF lenses than I can keep track of, Broncolor Lighting

#3 Virgil

Virgil

Galactic Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2042 posts
  • Interests:my family, photography, everything thatīs fast, my Triumph bike

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:25 AM

Appart from the colours i donīt see the practical advantage for you. That said iīd opt for the S5 as itīs much improved - not so much in terms of output but handling and speed.
Cheers

Virgil

#4 photojazz

photojazz

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19630 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photography, , More Photography, More Photography and now the Philadelphia Eagles.

Posted 21 March 2008 - 08:56 AM

Thanks for the replies. I got a vey interesting offer for one....I am just thinking out loud I guess... :unsure:

PhotoJazz - Just Capturing Life
PlanetNikon Member 141

I photo-shoot with film, digital and medium format cameras, which includes the following:
Nikon D605, D200, F4E, F5, FE2 (Black & Silver), EM
Mamiya C330 Professional, M645 1000s, RB67
Bronica ETRSI

iPhone 8+
And I have some lenses.

Additional: Video editing with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro X 10.4 and LumaFusion

C&C Is Always Welcome!!

#5 Old Dog New Tricks

Old Dog New Tricks

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8325 posts
  • Interests:Scenic & Nature Photography, Travel, Cooking, Kayaking, Grandson and Granddaughter.

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:36 PM

You know I love my S3, didn't take it this trip (NOLA) due to space. Definintely going to Arizona next month. I didn't look at the S2 because I didn't think I could find a truely low mileage one. Would have opted for the S5 if I had the money, but then that's always the issue. Can't wait to try it in the Grand Canyon. OD
Posted Image

"Photography is man's attempt at immortality. To save our memories and share them. The places we have been, the people we have known, the things we have done. To share with others for eternity, or until the images fade away."

Shooting with
Film Nikon N60, N70(2), EM, Mamiya C-330, C-33, RB67
Digital Nikon D7100 D7000, Nikon D200(RIP), Fuji S3Pro(Retired)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users