63 replies to this topic

#61 ericbowles

ericbowles

Planet Guardian Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted Today, 08:16 AM

The buildup seems like waiting for Christmas - with a changing date.

The funny thing is I've been on hold and not making any camera gear purchases while I wait for the formal announcement and availability.  I've been ready to buy it for a year - sight unseen and without specs.  But I don't have a compelling need for any lens upgrades, and the D850 lines up perfectly with my needs.  I expect there will be some accessories that hit my wish list.

Eric Bowles

Bowles Images

www.bowlesimages.com

Join my Workshops and Tours - Workshops and Private Instruction 

#62 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5840 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted Today, 12:17 PM

Eric, if I hadn't bought the D810 two years ago, I would be right there with you.  However, I'm focusing on glass and lighting stuff at this time.  The D810 still works for me.  Funny, when the time came to upgrade from the D80, somehow, I just realized it.  I'm pretty sure that will eventually happen, but not for some time.

Art and Jim, I share your hopes for a smooth roll-out.  Nikon has raised expectations so high that any small glitch could result in an epic marketing nightmare.  :unsure:

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#63 nwcs

nwcs

Planet Citizen Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted Today, 06:39 PM

I'm still anticipating the D850 as well but I'm really not sure I'll buy it now. It may just be too much camera for my available time. I need a rich benefactor. Any volunteers?

#64 justshootit

justshootit

Galactic Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3995 posts
  • Interests:Event photography, candids, travelogues, aircraft photography.

Posted Today, 06:57 PM

I'll second the rich benefactor and raise you a $500,000,000 Powerball ticket LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :D :D

Seriously, I have to start making come cash with my D610 and D1X before I can even think of buying a new camera.  <_<

Edited by justshootit, Today, 06:57 PM.

Don
==========================================================
Digital: D610 backed up by a D1x.  Quoted from an unknown source by a fellow planeteer, "Never get rid of a working D1x." I've got to agree.

Film: N90s, F3, F100, F4s, C330s. A few lenses.

Why film photography? I like shooting with the equipment. 6x6 Velvia slides from a C330 have an appeal all their own.

Why automated 35mm/Digital cameras? Event photography is about capturing moments. It often requires quick response. Well done automaton can be your friend or your enemy. It all depends on knowing what it can and can't do. "A man's got to know his (camera's) limitations." paraphrasing Dirty Harry...

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users