• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 photojazz

photojazz

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19639 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photography, , More Photography, More Photography and now the Philadelphia Eagles.

Posted 25 December 2008 - 07:27 AM

That's the problem with these upper tier bods, photojazz - you learn to like 'em immediately! But then, you'd have a similar experience with the D300 - 100% viewfinder, awesome controls and big LCD screen. For 15% of the price too - get yourself one...

For those still reeling over the D3x's stratospheric price tag, imagine what kinda stuff will be out there when a D3x is selling for say... $900! Whoa - that'll be one incredible body rush!

Mule

Thanks Mule. I have checked out the D300 but was more interested in the FX options. Fasnet begins in two weeks and I will begin shooting some of these events. There is a need for a more advanced system such as the D300 for some of the low light show events.

Still on a high after looking through the D3x. Next weeek, I plan to take a memory card with me and grab a couple of images from both te D300 and D3x.
:rolleyes:

PhotoJazz - Just Capturing Life
PlanetNikon Member 141

I photo-shoot with film, digital and medium format cameras, which includes the following:
Nikon D605, D200, F4E, F5, FE2 (Black & Silver), EM
Mamiya C330 Professional, M645 1000s, RB67
Bronica ETRSI

iPhone 8+
And I have some lenses.

Additional: Video editing with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro X 10.4 and LumaFusion

C&C Is Always Welcome!!

#62 Arlon

Arlon

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2759 posts
  • Interests:Just about anything as long as it's outside.

Posted 30 March 2009 - 07:57 AM

Any words out on the D700x? That's something I might have an interest in by Christmas. My only concern with the "X" series is the loss of light sensitivity. High ISO performance is what made the D700 attractive to me in the first place. Now with the rumors of an X version coming it makes me wonder if there is any real advantage for someone that seldom makes a print larger than an 8x10.. Well at least if a d700x does come out, it my drive the cost of a D700 into my range. Hmm, then again I'm so happy with my D90 maybe I'll forget the whole body upgrade idea and focus an a 200-400vr..
D50, D90, D100 IR, D700, D800E and a bunch of old manual lenses..
D70 IR (stolen), D200 (stolen)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users