47 replies to this topic

#31 Peter

Peter

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

I just went in to do some editing on the brochure site and I noticed that I could not get the PDFs to view properly unless I was logged in. I am not sure what is going on at Google - anyone with the link should be able to view the files. So in case anyone has been trying to view the files I apologize. Let me know if you are looking for any PDF in particular and I will see that you get it. In the meantime I think I will have to hunt around again to see if there is a better option for hosting these files. Thanks, Peter

#32 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22206 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:21 AM

Peter, I checked the link and it is viewing fine at my end. Gorgeous site, by the way, really like it. Well presented. Thank you for sharing this with everyone! Very impressive collection.

Edited by Art, 24 August 2012 - 08:24 AM.

Signature_Line_V4

#33 Peter

Peter

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:11 AM

Thanks Art. Glad to hear (read) that you had no problems accessing the PDFs. I changed the linking so that you need only click on the image (or text) instead of the text only. I was going to ask people to try it out to see if it was only myself having issues but decided not to. Appreciate you doing that in any case. I still plan to investigate a bit more after I get back from our short vacation. And get off my butt and scan more brochures to the collection. Peter

Edited by Peter, 24 August 2012 - 10:12 AM.

#34 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 22206 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

More brochures would be welcomed. I am still toying with the idea of buying another F5 since the last purchase didn't work out. I simply loved the feel of that camera. Never got a chance to run a roll of film through it, unfortunately for me! If you have an F5 brochure, I will be waiting to read it! Enjoy your vacation!
Signature_Line_V4

#35 Peter

Peter

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

Art, I will put the F5 at the top of the to do list. Peter

#36 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 22206 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

:lol: Perfect! Thanks, Peter, I will be looking for it. :)
Signature_Line_V4

#37 Peter

Peter

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 04:36 PM

By special request the brochure for the monster Nikon F5 has been scanned and posted to my Nikon Brochure site on Google Sites. You can find the link to the main brochure page elsewhere in this thread.

Also;
- I have created spaces for brochures that fall between the last one I had previously scanned and uploaded and beyond the F5. This will give you an idea of what to expect, or if you see one that you wish to see ahead of others (chronologically) just send me a PM and I will bump that one up the queue.
- I have scanned the N2000 brochure, but have yet to create the PDF. See next post in this thread.
- Seems like the loading glitch I was experiencing last week has gone away. Still do not know if it was me or Google.

Enjoy,
Peter

Edited by Peter, 02 September 2012 - 08:55 PM.

#38 Peter

Peter

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 08:54 PM

N2000 (June 1985) has been uploaded. Enjoy, Peter

#39 Peter

Peter

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

Added N2020 (January 1986). Enjoy, Peter

#40 Peter

Peter

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 08:51 PM

Added F801 Technical Guide (no date, but most likely from sometime in 1988)

Here is the link again in case some of you are wondering what the heck these posts are all about.

Enjoy,
Peter

#41 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 22206 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 07:29 AM

Still waiting for that F5! ;) :D
Signature_Line_V4

#42 Peter

Peter

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

Still waiting for that F5! ;)

:D

Art, read post #37 in this thread.

Peter

#43 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 22206 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:14 AM

Downloaded, thanks, Peter. This folder should be at the very top of the forum as a sticky thread. This is an amazing resource and I can't thank you enough for taking the time to set this up and share your collection. I certainly am grateful now that I have another F5 in my hands. Should know by dinner time tomorrow if this is a keeper or another problem to solve! :D Hope to post some B&W images I took yesterday with the F5 and my 300mm.
Signature_Line_V4

#44 Peter

Peter

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

Downloaded, thanks, Peter.

This folder should be at the very top of the forum as a sticky thread. This is an amazing resource and I can't thank you enough for taking the time to set this up and share your collection.

I certainly am grateful now that I have another F5 in my hands. Should know by dinner time tomorrow if this is a keeper or another problem to solve! :D

Hope to post some B&W images I took yesterday with the F5 and my 300mm.

Art, you are welcome. I don't know if I want this thread "stuck" as I would like to keep the link (and site) off the radar in case Nikon sends me or Darrell a nastygram about the site regarding copyright and all that hooey. I think, as I update things on the site, I will stick with adding a post to this thread so that it gets noticed when necessary and not much more.

Peter

#45 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 22206 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:26 AM

I would be shocked if they sent you anything, you are in fact, promoting their stuff for FREE! Why would they care, it is old, obsolete literature? They don't sell it, they give it away. However, I agree with your caution. Call them up anonymously one day and ask, put your mind at ease. Great idea, I greatly appreciate having it and I am especially grateful for the F5 literature. Very nice!
Signature_Line_V4

#46 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 22206 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:52 PM

Peter, My father in-law just game me an old Minolta range finder. Minolta AL-F to be exact. Beautiful condition other than..... battery leak. The contacts are fine, the crud is on the threads. Any tips on how to remove this? I will post a photo if it helps.
Signature_Line_V4

#47 Peter

Peter

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1194 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 09:44 PM

I would try a paste of baking soda and water using an old toothbrush to apply and scrub. Peter

#48 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 22206 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:08 PM

I would try a paste of baking soda and water using an old toothbrush to apply and scrub.

Peter

I will give it a shot, thanks!
Signature_Line_V4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users