• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LightMeter

LightMeter

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2693 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy photography(of course)and I'm a gadget freak, especially if it can be used in photography.

Posted 26 December 2018 - 12:40 AM

When we went to Dickinsn to shoot the Christmas lights, l had to carry heavy gear-D7000, Tamron 16-300, and mid sized tripod. lt was hard on my back. The more l researched the Canon M50, the more l liked it. l made a list of all the things l've been wanting to put on Ebay. Those things should generate close to enough $$$ to get the M50. Last night l pulled the trigger and ordered the white body with 15-45mm from B&H. lt had a $300 instant savings. When l was checking out, a window popped up. Get the Canon EOS EF-EOS-M adapter added to the bundle for $38 instead of 188. Sweet! So l added it. l was planning on getting a 3rd party lens adapter for about $40 or 50. So that turned out better. Ended up getting the body lens kit, Watson battery, Canon lens adapter, and PS Elements 2019 for $730usd. l'll probably get a cheap adapter on Ebay so l can use my Canon FD glass with it.

Bill

Still shooting DX digital and don't plan on going full frame.

D7100, D7000, D40, Canon M50, and a few 35mm film bodies

"I support capital punishment. Everyone in the capital should be punished".---Fred Sanford(Redd Foxx)

#2 Leaviathan

Leaviathan

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Musician-bass, guitar, piano, lap steel, percussion. Audio Engineer-software & hardware platforms.

Posted 26 December 2018 - 07:09 PM

I was recently looking at M50's, but I want to wait and see what Nikon comes up with for a DX.

Nikon D-3300 18-55 VRII, 1971 Nikkor 135mm Q-Auto, Tamron 70-300 AF. Not much! But I'm working on mastering what I do have.

#3 LightMeter

LightMeter

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2693 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy photography(of course)and I'm a gadget freak, especially if it can be used in photography.

Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:22 AM

I was recently looking at M50's, but I want to wait and see what Nikon comes up with for a DX.

You may have to wait a long time. Yes l am curious to see what Nikon comes up with as far as DX mirrorless. But l've got a feeling it's going to cost much more than l paid for the M50 and 15-45mm lens.

Bill

Still shooting DX digital and don't plan on going full frame.

D7100, D7000, D40, Canon M50, and a few 35mm film bodies

"I support capital punishment. Everyone in the capital should be punished".---Fred Sanford(Redd Foxx)

#4 Leaviathan

Leaviathan

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Musician-bass, guitar, piano, lap steel, percussion. Audio Engineer-software & hardware platforms.

Posted 27 December 2018 - 07:22 PM

You may have to wait a long time. Yes l am curious to see what Nikon comes up with as far as DX mirrorless. But l've got a feeling it's going to cost much more than l paid for the M50 and 15-45mm lens.

I'm looking at Fuji too, when the time comes

Nikon D-3300 18-55 VRII, 1971 Nikkor 135mm Q-Auto, Tamron 70-300 AF. Not much! But I'm working on mastering what I do have.

#5 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7941 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 28 December 2018 - 01:09 PM

I'm looking at Fuji too, when the time comes

Just picked up a used old Fuji CSC for Angela.  Very impressed with the build quality.  :)

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users