This was meant to be an HDR shot and to some extent I guess it is. I set up to shoot HDR but when I got home I noticed that the wind was stronger than I thought and both the banners and the tree moved significantly from one exposure to the next and on the brighter shots during the exposure. I'd shot at 100 ISO to reduce noise so the exposures were quite long. The combination of these two factors meant that quite a few files weren't as sharp as I'd have liked them. Some of the exposures at the brightest end of the scale were as long as 30 seconds. Maybe I should have gone for a higher ISO. If I hadn't have had so much trouble setting up the shot maybe I'd have thought of that.
The image below is only two NEF files merged together to make an HDR image. They are 2f stops apart. This was shot at 22mm on a DX format camera. I shot in apeture priority mode at f5.6. I post processed them in Photomatix I think and then tweaked it in Photoshop. I used the Lens Correction tool in Photoshop to adjust the vertical axis so that the building is almost straight. This is a reduced resolution JPG version for the web. The full size PNG version of this is 122MB.