2 replies to this topic

#1 Rebel

Rebel

Planet Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 09:58 AM

This was meant to be an HDR shot and to some extent I guess it is. I set up to shoot HDR but when I got home I noticed that the wind was stronger than I thought and both the banners and the tree moved significantly from one exposure to the next and on the brighter shots during the exposure. I'd shot at 100 ISO to reduce noise so the exposures were quite long. The combination of these two factors meant that quite a few files weren't as sharp as I'd have liked them. Some of the exposures at the brightest end of the scale were as long as 30 seconds. Maybe I should have gone for a higher ISO. If I hadn't have had so much trouble setting up the shot maybe I'd have thought of that. 

The image below is only two NEF files merged together to make an HDR image. They are 2f stops apart. This was shot at 22mm on a DX format camera. I shot in apeture priority mode at f5.6. I post processed them in Photomatix I think and then tweaked it in Photoshop. I used the Lens Correction tool in Photoshop to adjust the vertical axis so that the building is almost straight. This is a reduced resolution JPG version for the web. The full size PNG version of this is 122MB. 

_DSC0593_HDR_zpsxs40nd4i.jpg

Who we are, shapes what we see ~ Chris Orwig

Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go and do that. For what the world needs, is people who have come fully alive ~ Gil Bailie

#2 james23p

james23p

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23593 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 20 December 2015 - 12:57 PM

Very nice!

Jim

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#3 Wheatsack

Wheatsack

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7027 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 01:07 PM

Very pretty.

Peter................................................ f8....and be there....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users