• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21961 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 28 December 2015 - 12:25 AM

I have decided to sell my Nikon 400mm lens and the 2x Teleconverter made for it.  See image below.

Lens in in excellent condition, nothing wrong with it that I can see.  I got it looking like new and aside from the odd rub on the tripod mount, it is still in excellent condition.

You can see some of the images taken with this lens here, on PlanetNikon: 

http://www.planetnik...showtopic=19192

Scroll down as there are lots of images and pages in the topic.

Also, you can check this image out here to really see what this lens can do when used properly:

Morning-Dove_zps8358aff5.jpg

Attached File  00I0I_gfM1dHq0ir2_600x450.jpg   17.28KB   0 downloads

Nikon Nikkor 400mm f3.5 Ai-S

Nikon Nikkor TC 300 2 x Teleconverter

Shipping (if it is $100 or less included)

I will ship to anywhere in Continental USA or Canada, with the restriction noted above.  The first $100 is on me.  After that, you pay the difference.  International?  I guess I can do the same thing.

I am asking: $ 1250.00 US$

Payment:  US International Postal Money Order 

Bank Draft

No Paypal due to fees

ALSO.... Selling my TAMRON 150-600mm see different post.

Don't need these any more due to purchase of my 200-400mm lens.

Signature_Line_V4

#2 Arlon

Arlon

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2765 posts
  • Interests:Just about anything as long as it's outside.

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:36 PM

I really like the 400mm f3.5. It does a lot of things well if you can use a manual focus lens. I have used it for a lot of things. The bokeh of this lens is really nice an smooth. It even makes a decent portrait lens if you use it properly. Hope someone pics this one up. 

D50, D90, D100 IR, D700, D800E and a bunch of old manual lenses..
D70 IR (stolen), D200 (stolen)

#3 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21961 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 28 December 2015 - 09:57 PM

Arlon,

I hope so too, it is a good lens, great condition. Prefer it to go to someone I know vs a total stranger.  I have too many overlapping lens that do the same thing, by and large, sorry to let it go, but I really like my 200-400 and don't see the need.

Signature_Line_V4

#4 LightMeter

LightMeter

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2694 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy photography(of course)and I'm a gadget freak, especially if it can be used in photography.

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:36 AM

I wish I had the $$$ I've been wanting that lens for a long time. About 10 years ago KEH had a bargain 400 3.5 AI for 800usd. I could afford it at the time but didn't want to spend the money. Should have jumped on it then.

Bill

Still shooting DX digital and don't plan on going full frame.

D7100, D7000, D40, Canon M50, and a few 35mm film bodies

"I support capital punishment. Everyone in the capital should be punished".---Fred Sanford(Redd Foxx)

#5 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21961 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 12:33 PM

Bill,

It is a great lens.  Served me well.  Other than the weight, I have no complaints with it.

Signature_Line_V4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users