• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis

Dennis

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14918 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:30 PM

So, I have been scanning some of my old film to get used to scanning and making a workflow for film. This would have been the F100, fairly new. maybe less than 9 months. At Antelope state park, I had just got back from three days at moad, yeah, the summer, in the desert. I had a rather good tan back then.

Attached File  Fuji Chorm Jun 99002-1.jpg   220.07KB   0 downloads

The above image has a story. I spotted this guy, and stopped the rental a fair bit away. He was watching me. Now, I have been on the island for a while, and off day and I ran into hardly anyone, local hikers. I have been using sensia as the film of choice for this trip, some 20 rolls or so already shot. I'm on the road, on the other side of it, and I roll forward, He sees me, walks a bit toward me, and I stop. Wait a bit and do it again until he walks toward me when I stop. Did this for about 10 times, until I'm right across from him. He's has moved closer, so I get out of the car, away from him. Setup the 80-200/2.8 on a tripod. Focus and he didn't move. I guess the car between us made it look like I was not really outside the car.

I fire of this shot, and I think, I should get the 2x out. As I get to the open window of the car, a car pulls up and stops abruptly, in the middle of the road. I just kind of took a wait and see kind of attitude. four young, skinny ladles jump out, they are foreign as they are blabbing away to each other. The bull, over then now has a new target to look at. This wasn't the age of selfie sticks, but they decided on the next best thing. One gal, gave her camera to one of the others, and walked up toward the bull. Now the bull is a bit more interested in the gals, instead of chewing on whatever he was chewing on. The gal, with the camera, says something, and they both move closer to the bull, I go back to my camera, thinking I'm gonna get a differant kind of composition soon. But, that wasn't close enough, and once again they both move closer. Now the bull is a bit concerned, and gives off a few grunts, digs with his front leg, shakes his head. 

Now, I have to decide; do I take the picture of what is about to transpire, or be a good photog and warn them? Decisions, decisions. So, I give up on the great image I was imagining, and move to the front of the car. The gals, say something one more time, and move even closer. The bull gets a little more concern and starts to make a bunch of noise.... snap! They take the picture, get back in the car, giggling all the while and drive off.

And they we have it.... a pissed off bull and me standing in front of the car, and the bull takes a look at me.

Attached File  Fuji Chorm Jun 99003-2.jpg   344.01KB   0 downloads

He came toward me, I move to the back of the car, and he goes over and starts to much on whatever he is munching on here.

I decide to take a picture, carefully, after all, he did let them take a picture. Get in the car, drive to the highest point and take this shot.

Attached File  Fuji Chorm Jun 99004-1.jpg   135.23KB   0 downloads

I thought to myself, this is a good place to relax.

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group, NPS member.

Nikon D4, D850, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#2 Wheatsack

Wheatsack

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6850 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:01 PM

Cool shots Dennis... #3 is great.

Peter................................................ f8....and be there....

#3 james23p

james23p

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23274 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:04 PM

Nice Dennis!

Jim

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users