• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 photojazz

photojazz

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19639 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photography, , More Photography, More Photography and now the Philadelphia Eagles.

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:14 PM

Need yo knowledge .. what are your favorite photo and video apps?

Free ones are wanted but will consider others?

Thanks..

PhotoJazz - Just Capturing Life
PlanetNikon Member 141

I photo-shoot with film, digital and medium format cameras, which includes the following:
Nikon D605, D200, F4E, F5, FE2 (Black & Silver), EM
Mamiya C330 Professional, M645 1000s, RB67
Bronica ETRSI

iPhone 8+
And I have some lenses.

Additional: Video editing with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro X 10.4 and LumaFusion

C&C Is Always Welcome!!

#2 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 23700 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:26 AM

You mean their is photo apps for the iPhone!  :wacko:  :blink:  :P   I like Snapseed it works well and is easy to use.

Jim

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#3 Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5342 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:05 AM

For photography I use the camera within the Lightroom App which shoots DNG's and gives control over ISO - Shutter Speed - WB - Focus - Exp Comp and on the 7 Plus Focal length. I have it set to show clipped highlights so if I can't capture the DR I can switch it over to HDR mode where it takes two DNG shots and combines them.......without adding hideous tone mapping.

Where it gets really clever is the files not only sync back to your computer but if you apply any edits within the app (nearly all the desktop adjustments are available) they are 'live' when synced so you can either switch them off or edit them further. Those edits are then synced back to the phone while stile being live. 

I must have 20+ other camera apps, all of which have their nice features, but I've yet to find anything as powerful or with such a strong workflow as the one from Adobe. Day to day shooting is still done with the native Apple App as its extremely fast, has a good auto HDR, some nice tweaks and the files are processed (sometimes a little heavily) ready for use. 

Video wides then I just use the native camera app then fiddle with the footage when I have it back on the Mac using FCP. Its not really my 'thing' but does a good enough job for my social media needs.

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him.

#4 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 15411 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:46 AM

Like BP, I use LR now. Everything gets synced back to my PC, works great.

That wedding I did. Loaded up on the desktop, did a base tweak. Some specials. Synced it to LRM and the clicked a bottom that put the whole thing on the web. Gave the address to the bride, she gave it to her folks in and out of town. They clicked what they like, left comments for prints. All showed up on my phone.

Just worked really well.

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group, NPS member.

Nikon Z7 (My wifes, but I'm allowed to use it once a quarter), Z6, D4, D850, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#5 winclk

winclk

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1918 posts
  • Interests:Photography and Grandkids

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:38 PM

I've been using Snapseed ever since I started taking pictures with my phone...I also use Distressed Fx when I want to add textures to my pic....I will have to check out LR. 

Edited by winclk, 25 August 2017 - 02:39 PM.

Robin

Amateur Photographer--Hoping to upgrade my status one day

#6 photojazz

photojazz

• Moderators
  • 19639 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photography, , More Photography, More Photography and now the Philadelphia Eagles.

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:31 PM

You mean their is photo apps for the iPhone!  :wacko:  :blink:  :P   I like Snapseed it works well and is easy to use.

Jim

Ha Ha... :D  :D  :D

PlanetNikon Member 141

I photo-shoot with film, digital and medium format cameras, which includes the following:
Bronica ETRSI

iPhone 8+
And I have some lenses.

Additional: Video editing with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro X 10.4 and LumaFusion

C&C Is Always Welcome!!

#7 photojazz

photojazz

• Moderators
  • 19639 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:33 PM

I've been using Snapseed ever since I started taking pictures with my phone...I also use Distressed Fx when I want to add textures to my pic....I will have to check out LR. 

Thanks..how do u like the iPhone 7?

PlanetNikon Member 141

Bronica ETRSI

iPhone 8+
And I have some lenses.

C&C Is Always Welcome!!

#8 ericbowles

ericbowles

Planet Guardian Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:01 PM

Sun Surveyor is the app I use most often.  It combines the camera with an overlay of the actual position and track for the sun and the moon.  You can choose any day and see where the sun will rise and fall, and where the moon will be located.

The attached image is a screenshot.  As you can see, it needs to be rotated but you get the idea.

Attached Files

Eric Bowles

Bowles Images

www.bowlesimages.com

Join my Workshops and Tours - Workshops and Private Instruction 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users