• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LightMeter

LightMeter

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2266 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy photography(of course)and I'm a gadget freak, especially if it can be used in photography.

Posted 15 April 2017 - 05:12 AM

When I was delivering pizzas about midnight I noticed the moon causing the thin cloud cover to glow. Thought for sure it would be gone by the time I got home. But at 3am got home and it was still there. I couldn't get the glow to look quite like I saw it, but at least I went out and tried. D7100, Tamron 150-600. Later this year when I get Lightroom I'll be able to open RAW files from my newer cameras and could have pulled more detail out of it if it was shot in RAW. But for now JPEG will have to do.

Attached Files

Bill

Still shooting DX digital and don't plan on going full frame.

D7100, red D5300, IR converted D300,  D40, Olympus C-5060 P&S from 2003, and a few 35mm film bodies

#2 Pooh

Pooh

Planet Guardian Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:25 PM

That's a real tricky shot to pull off. 

Might have to end up double processing the image in lightroom. One for the moon body and another for the glow  and then combine both images.

You could also use brushes to do local adjustments in lightroom but it would probably be easier with the double image

D4S /  Nikkor 24-70 / Nikkor 80-400 --- Panasonic TZ100

#3 LightMeter

LightMeter

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2266 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy photography(of course)and I'm a gadget freak, especially if it can be used in photography.

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:10 AM

I don't have Lightroom.

Bill

Still shooting DX digital and don't plan on going full frame.

D7100, red D5300, IR converted D300,  D40, Olympus C-5060 P&S from 2003, and a few 35mm film bodies

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users