• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 james23p

james23p

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23658 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:40 AM

On Nikon rumors they have some pics of the D5 so far it looks great. One thing I find odd is on a few pics I see a Sigma lens attached now what is odd is this is a preproduction model I assume and in the hands of a Nikon pro you would think leaked photos would not have a Sigma lens.

Ok I'm at the dealership getting my oil changed so kind of board, will provide link latter.

Jim

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#2 Herman

Herman

• Moderators
  • 10356 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, computers, nature, photography & travel

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:58 AM

From what I've picked up so far, it seems that it will be based on a 20mp sensor.

:)

Equipment: D810 | D300 | D50 | B700 | P5000 and some lenses.

Software: Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 + NIK Software Suite

My motto: To learn more today, than I knew yesterday!

#3 Ron W

Ron W

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7050 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:16 AM

From what I've picked up so far, it seems that it will be based on a 20mp sensor.

:)

Hi Herman, Seems to me that would be at best, a lateral step, as the trend seems to be more and more MPs. 

www.ronwooldridgephotography.com

#4 frdjohns

frdjohns

Planet Basic Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Photography, birds, wildlife.

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:34 PM

Nikon rumors reports it having: 

• New 20MP FX sensor
  • 173 autofocus points
  • Same processor as the D4s
  • Body design similar to the D4s
  • Currently scheduled to be announced in the second half of 2015

Regards,

Fred

#5 Wheatsack

Wheatsack

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • 7077 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 12:54 PM

On Nikon rumors they have some pics of the D5 so far it looks great. One thing I find odd is on a few pics I see a Sigma lens attached now what is odd is this is a preproduction model I assume and in the hands of a Nikon pro you would think leaked photos would not have a Sigma lens.

Ok I'm at the dealership getting my oil changed so kind of board, will provide link latter.

Jim

I noticed the Sigma lens also Jim... strange... but I guess it is not an official promotion shot... :)

Peter................................................ f8....and be there....

#6 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • 7318 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 14 December 2015 - 03:18 PM

I read the article, but the convo is moot for me.  If I even THOUGHT about buying something like that, Art would have to share his dog house with me.   :lol:

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#7 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21343 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:56 PM

I read the article, but the convo is moot for me.  If I even THOUGHT about buying something like that, Art would have to share his dog house with me.   :lol:

Dennis has my back, Mark. I am sure there is room in the Doghouse!!

:lol:
Signature_Line_V4

#8 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 15352 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:21 PM

Yes! It has three rooms, heat, strawberries, not your fathers root beer and a frig. I was thinking of adding a bottle of Balvenie 12 year old double wood. You have to supply your own camera, with a wide angle, and computers.

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group, NPS member.

Nikon D4, D850, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#9 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 23658 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 14 December 2015 - 10:01 PM

Man we are going to need a bigger RV! :lol:

Jim
  • Art likes this

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#10 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21343 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:40 PM

Thanks, Dennis, sounding better by the minute!! :D
Signature_Line_V4

#11 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21343 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:41 PM

Man we are going to need a bigger RV! :lol:
Jim

OH YA!!!! RVeeeeeeeeeee!! :)
Signature_Line_V4

#12 ericbowles

ericbowles

Planet Guardian Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:16 AM

The pictures of the D5 look interesting.  I'm probably not a buyer, but there are some features that have potential.  I think there is going to be a lot more than we can see with pictures.

There are three programmable function buttons on the body - two on the front and one on the back.  

There is a new eyepiece design and speculation about a detachable Electronic Viewfinder.  I think this has potential to be a game changer - the benefits of a conventional viewfinder and Phase Detect AF for speed, but also the benefits of an EVF with the heads up display, WYSIWYG, zooming for improved AF, and picture controls.  EVF also brings Contrast Detect AF - which is much more accurate but a little slower.   For the right subject, that's a huge benefit.  Nikon already has implemented a detachable EVF in the Nikon 1 series.

If you have an EVF that functionally works, you probably have the ability to operate the camera in mirrorless mode.  Just raise the mirror and use the data captured by the sensor.   In the Nikon 1 lineup this creates potential for bursts of 30 or 60 frames in a second.  I don't see any reason why that could not be implemented on a D5 with an EVF.  Can you imagine shooting sports gymnastics or diving at the Olympics with a 30 fps burst and 6 megapixel images?  It would take a big buffer, but the camera has one already, Sounds like a good use of a Function button.

The proposed specs have significant improvements in ISO - and probably low light performance.  There is also a change in the video mode. These are incremental tweaks - but useful for some.

Nikon has a history of doing some pretty remarkable things with new pro cameras.  Some have been incremental - like the D4 - but the D3 was a huge step forward - not incremental improvement.  Given the long wait, I'm expecting something pretty special.

• Art likes this

Eric Bowles

Bowles Images

www.bowlesimages.com

Join my Workshops and Tours - Workshops and Private Instruction 

#13 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21343 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 11:18 AM

Eric,

Great post.

The rumor from the reps in Toronto are that this camera will be a major push to regain back the loyalty of the pros. With the feature set you mention, it may very well do that.

Those 1 second 20 frame bursts on my J4 are simply amazing.  A pro would find this invaluable as you would never miss an action shot provided you hit the focus dead on.  Getting a Money-Shot would be more the norm than not.

I heard this was going to be 15 fps and I suspect this is in regular mode.  That in itself is awesome!

Kudos to them if they can pull this off.  Unfortunately, out of my snack bracket! :(

Signature_Line_V4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users