• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 LightMeter

LightMeter

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2346 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy photography(of course)and I'm a gadget freak, especially if it can be used in photography.

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:37 AM

My favorite store in Trader's Village. Wish I could buy a receiver and reel to reel.

Attached Files

Bill

Still shooting DX digital and don't plan on going full frame.

D7100, red D5300, IR converted D300,  D40, D70s, Olympus C-5060 P&S from 2003, and a few 35mm film bodies

#2 Old Dog New Tricks

Old Dog New Tricks

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8241 posts
  • Interests:Scenic & Nature Photography, Travel, Cooking, Kayaking, Grandson and Granddaughter.

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:10 AM

My son is Chief Engineer in recording studio in NYC.  They did mostly tapes for recording,but it was getting impossible to find it.  Most of their gear (amps, compressors, mics) are analog, tubed equipment.  Its a much warmer sound.

Posted Image

"Photography is man's attempt at immortality. To save our memories and share them. The places we have been, the people we have known, the things we have done. To share with others for eternity, or until the images fade away."

Shooting with
Film Nikon N60, N70(2), EM, Mamiya C-330, C-33, RB67
Digital Nikon D7100 D7000, Nikon D200(RIP), Fuji S3Pro(Retired)

#3 chaswes5

chaswes5

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8417 posts
  • Interests:Macs, photoshop, portraits and photographing ordinary life. I enjoy taking candid shots then developing them into something more than a snap shot.

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:02 AM

Wow! looks like the mid-60s to early 70's. Analog all the way. 

Charles Wesley

Nikon D800 and D700 and some lenses. Sony NEX 7 with 18-55 Kit Lens.

“When you photograph people in color, you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in Black and white, you photograph their souls!” ― Ted Grant I try never to fool myself that just pointing a camera at something makes it art. Or that snapping the shutter makes me an artist."

Don Giannatti

Gallery:http://wesleyphotography.zenfolio.com/

#4 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19725 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:33 AM

WOW

Great photos!!  What a trip! :)

A Pioneer SX-1250 for $1650.... are they really worth that now?

I still have my old stereo equipment from the 70's including a less expensive Pioneer receiver.

Greatly enjoyed your images, thanks for posting. I can see why it is your favorite, store, Bill!

...................... 🎥 Just another Photography buff! 🎥 .....................

|_____________________________________________________|

#5 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:52 AM

Nice images, Bill.

It's been years since I've seen Marantz or Akai products.  That is probably more a reflection of my changing interests.  :)

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#6 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 22686 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:14 PM

WOW

Great photos!!  What a trip! :)

A Pioneer SX-1250 for $1650.... are they really worth that now?

I still have my old stereo equipment from the 70's including a less expensive Pioneer receiver.

Greatly enjoyed your images, thanks for posting. I can see why it is your favorite, store, Bill!

I've seen them go for as high as $3000 dollars and I just saw one new in the box is listed at $4799, they are considered by many the best receiver ever.

I remember how rich my Marantz sounded I had it until we had a flood and it was a total loss. Mine was early 80's vintage.

Jim

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

D700 w/MB-D10, D605 w/MB-D14, D200 w/MB-D200, D50, Coolpix P330.

Nikon 1 stuff: Nikon V1, Nikkor 10mm f2.8 pancake w/HN-N101 & HC-N101, Nikkor 10-30mm f3.5-5.6 w/HB-N101 Aspherical VR,, Nikkor 18.5mm f1.8 w/HB-N104, Nikon 1 FT-1, SB-N5 w/Polaroid Diffuser .

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D, Nikkor 18-35 f3.5-4.5 AF-D ED.

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Sigma 24-70 f2.8 EX DG HSM, Tamron's SP 70-200 f2.8 LD Di IF/Macro BIM, Kenko Pro 300 1.4 TC DGX, Tokina 100 f2.8D Macro At-X.

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#7 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19725 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:37 PM

REALLY?! Wow!

Have to go out to the Flea markets this weekend! Curiousto see what they sell for here.

#8 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19725 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:12 PM

Here is my receiver from that era... what I could afford as a student! Still in great shape, crystal going on radio, however. It does crackle!

Who knows how many pleasurable hours of use I got from this baby!

Attached Files

#9 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19725 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:21 PM

SX 1250 going for a lot of money here too! Wow

#10 LightMeter

LightMeter

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2346 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy photography(of course)and I'm a gadget freak, especially if it can be used in photography.

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:07 AM

Nice receiver Art. I still have the Sansui receiver my parents bought in 1974 when I was a toddler. Last time I fired it up about 6 years ago it was still working. It's at my grandmother's house now in I guess what you could call my storage. Here's a pic of it(not mine). My mom had an Akai reel to reel in the 70s. By the time she gsve it to me in the 80s it was in ill health. Don't know what happened to it.

Attached Files

Edited by LightMeter, 15 November 2017 - 12:10 AM.

• Art likes this

Bill

D7100, red D5300, IR converted D300,  D40, D70s, Olympus C-5060 P&S from 2003, and a few 35mm film bodies

#11 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19725 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:16 AM

The Good Old Days!  That is for sure.

My SA 200 is 25 WPC, if memory serves, it belted out a nice sound but clearly, nothing powerful here. Came with me to University and I used it until I wend CD ... probably late 90's.  After that, just used the Radio until it started to crackle.

I know a guy at a flea market that can fix it, so he says.  May do it.  I love the thing, especially the look.  I love those chrome nobs and dials and they had such a smooth, nice feel to them.  Beautiful technology.

I would have gone much more expensive if I had the money, but I was a poor student, trying to get through school. It is pretty much worthless today.

I still have my TEAC tape player and Dual Turntable.  Haven't put a record on it in decades but I will bet it still plays.

#12 LightMeter

LightMeter

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2346 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:44 AM

I have a Sony turntable that I bought new about 12 years ago. Last year I bought a Technics cassette deck on Ebay. It is the same model my dad bought in the early 80s. Here are some pics.

Attached Files

• Art likes this

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users