Photo

A Day at the Races: Part 1 (Image Heavy)

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20878 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:26 AM

MOBIL 1 SPORTSCAR GRAND PRIX

I am currently at the Canadian Tire Motorsport Park for the Mobil 1 Grand Prix.  What a blast of a time I am having.  I have two photography friends that are old hat at this and have shown me the ropes and the photo opportunities just never end. I can honestly see why people get addicted to Car and Bike racing, these are very addictive sports if you like this type of thing.  Talk about a BIG MONEY sport.

Also got to meet, up front and personal, two big names in the sport.... Juan Pablo Montoya and Christian Fittipaldi, yes, I am a little star struck.

I took about a 1,000 images, my best guess, before I edit out and discard.  This is going to take me a long time, and I have two more days to go!

Enjoy.... just a select group to give you a flavor.....

People here are so geared to the Media.  Ask them to smile or wave or what ever, you always get a reaction.

The people who wave the Checkered Flag at the Start/Finish line.

Attached File  Starters(900px).jpg   388.82KB   0 downloads

Some of the Cars

Attached File  Corvette(900px).jpg   376.3KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Ford-GT-(900px).jpg   388.67KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Mercedes-(900px).jpg   452.52KB   0 downloads

The Pits and the pit crews were amazing to watch!  WOW!!!  Typically hidden from view, simply due to location, this was a treat!

Attached File  Pit-Crew-(900px).jpg   522.79KB   0 downloads

Montoya at a press conference

Attached File  Juan-Pablo-Montoya(900px).jpg   350.49KB   0 downloads

Fittipaldi getting ready to go into his car and out on the track!  Friendly guy, even gave me a wave!

Attached File  Christian-Fittipaldi-(900px).jpg   380.73KB   0 downloads
Signature_Line_V4

#2 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 23396 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:11 AM

Very well done Art!!!!!

Jim

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#3 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 15024 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 07 July 2018 - 10:15 AM

Great series Art.

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group, NPS member.

Nikon D4, D850, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#4 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6975 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 07 July 2018 - 12:39 PM

Nice series, Art.  Looks like you're having a ball!  :)

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#5 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20878 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 07 July 2018 - 09:01 PM

Thanks, Guys.

A ball is an understatement.  This is a really exciting event to cover.  I am well over 2,200  images and 1 more day to go.  3000 pics is going to take me a few weeks to go over.

Signature_Line_V4

#6 Herman

Herman

• Moderators
  • 10257 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, computers, flight simulation (Airbus series), nature, photography and travel

Posted 08 July 2018 - 05:44 AM

Really nice series, Art!

:rolleyes:

Equipment: D810 | D300 | D50 | B700 | P5000 and some lenses.

Software: Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 + NIK Software Suite

My motto: To learn more today, than I knew yesterday!

#7 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20878 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:42 AM

Thank you, Herman.
Signature_Line_V4

#8 Peter

Peter

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1182 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 11:52 AM

But did you see McDreamy?

#9 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20878 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 09:22 PM

But did you see McDreamy?

No, couldnt be bothered walking over to that side of the track.

1) the place is hilly, so I would have had to come up stairs in the media centre (was eating lunch)
2) go down stairs then down a hill
3) walk the opposite way to the bridge going over the track at the finish line
4) climb stairs of bridge
5) go down at the other end and fight thru a throng of people in the pits to get there

NO THANKS....was too tired already

I did send him word I would take his picture if he wanted to come over to the media centre, but I think he had the same reaction .... :P
Signature_Line_V4

#10 Peter

Peter

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1182 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 04:25 PM

No, couldnt be bothered walking over to that side of the track.

1) the place is hilly, so I would have had to come up stairs in the media centre (was eating lunch)
2) go down stairs then down a hill
3) walk the opposite way to the bridge going over the track at the finish line
4) climb stairs of bridge
5) go down at the other end and fight thru a throng of people in the pits to get there

NO THANKS....was too tired already

I did send him word I would take his picture if he wanted to come over to the media centre, but I think he had the same reaction .... :P

It used to be much more difficult / tedious to get from point to point, especially if you wanted to go down to Moss corner - ugh, what a trek! There used to be a dirt path but now there is an actual wide, paved pathway. And, as much as I like to trash talk Canadian Tire, they have done a great job in improving the amenities and providing golf cart shuttles to get around.

Sunday morning I was waiting around at the back of the upper paddock near the Wright Motorsports hauler for the driver autograph session to start. I wanted to get Christina Nielsen to sign my Lego Speed Champions set 75886. There were half a dozen or so young ladies milling about so I just figured they were there to also meet Christina. Then, a big black thing on wheels pulled up and out from the passenger side pops Patrick. He walked over to the back of the hauler, stopped for some pictures with the young ladies, then went inside the hauler. I got a couple quick shots of him but wasn't prepared. I did get the autograph and shot for which I was waiting...

Attached File  DSC_7518.jpg   200.27KB   0 downloads

Attached File  DSC_7519.jpg   137.75KB   0 downloads

Peter

Edited by Peter, 10 July 2018 - 04:38 PM.

#11 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20878 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 10:19 PM

Peter, you were there??  You should have told me, we could have met up.

I spent a fair amount of time at Moss corner, or Turn 5a and 5b.  Man, if I had to walk that, for get it.  Even the walk to the corner is mildly unpleasant.  Thank god they brought in the shuttles!  I think Canadian Tire has done this place justice, it is a great facility.  They have their act completely together in my opinion.

Patrick Dempsey was there to film a movie. While all the autographing was going on and people were walking the Pits, they had a section at the end reserved for doing some filming.  Every so often, they would give a signal and all these people below the media centre on the other side of the track would clap and cheer .... Extras! :lol: pretty funny.

I did manage to get my picture with the WeatherTec girls... did you see them?  OMG! :lol:

Signature_Line_V4

#12 Peter

Peter

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1182 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:04 PM

Peter, you were there?? 

I did manage to get my picture with the WeatherTec girls... did you see them?  OMG! :lol:

Art, I have been there every year straight for about the last 10 or 11 years either on the Sunday only or for the whole weekend (more recently after all the upgrades to the amenities) and the odd year here and there going back to 1989.

You should have been there back when there were also the Turner Girls, Falken Tire Girls, Momo Girls along with the (current series sponsor - WeatherTech/Tudor/etc) Girls. :blink:

Peter

#13 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 15024 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 04:58 PM

I didn't see any girl pic's yet. Holding back hu?

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.

#14 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20878 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:31 PM

Art, I have been there every year straight for about the last 10 or 11 years either on the Sunday only or for the whole weekend (more recently after all the upgrades to the amenities) and the odd year here and there going back to 1989.

You should have been there back when there were also the Turner Girls, Falken Tire Girls, Momo Girls along with the (current series sponsor - WeatherTech/Tudor/etc) Girls. :blink:

Peter

They had GIRLS THERE!!!!????

And you didn't tell me?

:P  :lol:

Attached File  Weather-Tech_Art_1(900px).jpg   661.19KB   0 downloads

Image taken by Brian Goldschmied

- used with permission.

Signature_Line_V4

#15 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20878 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 08:32 PM

Something about Nikon Guys ..... girls just love us......

Signature_Line_V4

#16 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 15024 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 10:08 AM

Looks like it was a; pretty, hot, day!    B)  ;)

Thanks, Dennis.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.

#17 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6975 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 12 July 2018 - 12:21 PM

Art, you look like you've died and gone to heaven!   :lol:  :ph34r:

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#18 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20878 posts

Posted 12 July 2018 - 02:27 PM

So, I find out yesterday, the girl throwing kisses is ......

Miss September 2014

BAdda-Bing Bonus!

:wub:

Signature_Line_V4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users