• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19183 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:13 AM

I mentioned somewhere we will be looking after Thunder for the next little while for a friend.

OMG, I love this guy!  What an awesome, sweet, well behaved dog.  The start of many, many dog portraits!

Attached File  Thunder_35_BW-(900px).jpg   280.86KB   0 downloads

...................... 🎥 Just another Photography buff! 🎥 .....................

|_____________________________________________________|

#2 paulvanharte

paulvanharte

Planet Guardian Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Interests:Photography, model railroading( n scale) camping, spending time with my family

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:57 AM

wow great shot and nice looking dog.

• Art likes this

cropped-medicine-lake.jpg

Paul van Harte Photography

Camera: D750, lenses: Nikon 24-120 F4 VR Nikon 200-500 F5.6, SB600 flash

Facebook page: https://www.facebook...y?ref=bookmarks

Flickr page: https://www.flickr.c...hotos/vanharte/

#3 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 14153 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:18 PM

Well done.

• Art likes this

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group

Nikon D4, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#4 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19183 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:22 PM

wow great shot and nice looking dog.

Thanks, Paul, I am really going to miss him when the time comes to return him. He is a pleasure to deal with.

A gentle giant with a warm soul!

oh, and a bottomless pit! :lol:

#5 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19183 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:22 PM

Well done.

Thanks, Dennis!

#6 Herman

Herman

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9703 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, computers, nature, photography and travel

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:31 PM

Lovely image, Art!

:rolleyes:

• Art likes this

Equipment: D810 | D300 | D50 and some lenses.

Software: Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 + NIK Software Suite

My motto: To learn more today, than I knew yesterday!

#7 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 22335 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:39 PM

Great shot, and nice looking dog.

Jim
  • Art likes this

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

D700 w/MB-D10, D605 w/MB-D14, D200 w/MB-D200, D50, Coolpix P330.

Nikon 1 stuff: Nikon V1, Nikkor 10mm f2.8 pancake w/HN-N101 & HC-N101, Nikkor 10-30mm f3.5-5.6 w/HB-N101 Aspherical VR,, Nikkor 18.5mm f1.8 w/HB-N104, Nikon 1 FT-1, SB-N5 w/Polaroid Diffuser .

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D, Nikkor 18-35 f3.5-4.5 AF-D ED.

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Sigma 24-70 f2.8 EX DG HSM, Tamron's SP 70-200 f2.8 LD Di IF/Macro BIM, Kenko Pro 300 1.4 TC DGX, Tokina 100 f2.8D Macro At-X.

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#8 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19183 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:32 PM

Thanks, Herman and Jim!

#9 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5968 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:49 PM

Art, from the way you are talking about that dog, I think there will be an eventual Tug-of-War over Thunder.  :lol:

• Art likes this
Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#10 Old Dog New Tricks

Old Dog New Tricks

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8183 posts
  • Interests:Scenic & Nature Photography, Travel, Cooking, Kayaking, Grandson and Granddaughter.

Posted 24 August 2017 - 06:53 PM

Nicely done.  I wish that Maggie was more cooperative.

• Art likes this
Posted Image

"Photography is man's attempt at immortality. To save our memories and share them. The places we have been, the people we have known, the things we have done. To share with others for eternity, or until the images fade away."

Shooting with
Film Nikon N60, N70(2), EM, Mamiya C-330, C-33, RB67
Digital Nikon D7100 D7000, Nikon D200(RIP), Fuji S3Pro(Retired)

#11 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 14153 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 24 August 2017 - 07:29 PM

Give Maggie a raw chicken, small piece. She'll get the idea
  • Art likes this

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group

Nikon D4, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#12 winclk

winclk

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1696 posts
  • Interests:Photography and Grandkids

Posted 25 August 2017 - 02:22 PM

Nice dog pic, Art.

• Art likes this
Robin

Amateur Photographer--Hoping to upgrade my status one day

#13 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19183 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:21 PM

Thanks, Robin.

#14 Ron W

Ron W

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • 6585 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:08 AM

How long will you be hosting Thunder,  Art? Very nice image. You need another one named "Lightning".

www.ronwooldridgephotography.com

#15 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19183 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:29 AM

Thanks, Ron.

She will be out of her home for at least two years.  Maybe longer. She wanted to give us Thunder but she was heartbroken when we went to get him and I simply can't take someone's dog away that they love so much.

I immediately offered to just take care of him until she was ready to have him back. I am glad I made that call.  I have had him a week and I absolutely adore him.  What a wonderful animal. I have never had a dog that loves affection more in a very laid back, carefree way.

The name doesn't work for me. Thunder isn't really a dog name in my books, but it is what it is.  Another one.....  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  No thanks.  I have a very tired, old French Poodle and an energetic (for about a minute and a half) Boston Terrier, French Bulldog mix.  That is all the dogs I need or want for a very long time.  :P

For names, I would have gone with any of these:

Harry

Winston

Bolt

This guy is stuck on me like glue. Where I go, he goes.  It is hilarious!

#16 Ron W

Ron W

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • 6585 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 12:50 PM

I dunno...there's something about the sound of "Thunder and Lightning".

• Art likes this

www.ronwooldridgephotography.com

#17 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 22335 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:15 PM

Thanks, Ron.

She will be out of her home for at least two years.  Maybe longer. She wanted to give us Thunder but she was heartbroken when we went to get him and I simply can't take someone's dog away that they love so much.

I immediately offered to just take care of him until she was ready to have him back. I am glad I made that call.  I have had him a week and I absolutely adore him.  What a wonderful animal. I have never had a dog that loves affection more in a very laid back, carefree way.

The name doesn't work for me. Thunder isn't really a dog name in my books, but it is what it is.  Another one.....  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  No thanks.  I have a very tired, old French Poodle and an energetic (for about a minute and a half) Boston Terrier, French Bulldog mix.  That is all the dogs I need or want for a very long time.  :P

For names, I would have gone with any of these:

Harry

Winston

Bolt

This guy is stuck on me like glue. Where I go, he goes.  It is hilarious!

Nothing like a good Dog! That's a good thing you are doing Art for both your friend and Thunder. :D

Jim

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

D700 w/MB-D10, D605 w/MB-D14, D200 w/MB-D200, D50, Coolpix P330.

Nikon 1 stuff: Nikon V1, Nikkor 10mm f2.8 pancake w/HN-N101 & HC-N101, Nikkor 10-30mm f3.5-5.6 w/HB-N101 Aspherical VR,, Nikkor 18.5mm f1.8 w/HB-N104, Nikon 1 FT-1, SB-N5 w/Polaroid Diffuser .

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D, Nikkor 18-35 f3.5-4.5 AF-D ED.

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Sigma 24-70 f2.8 EX DG HSM, Tamron's SP 70-200 f2.8 LD Di IF/Macro BIM, Kenko Pro 300 1.4 TC DGX, Tokina 100 f2.8D Macro At-X.

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#18 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • 5968 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 30 August 2017 - 02:13 PM

Art, I agree with Jim.  You are doing a good thing, both for your friend and for Thunder.  :)

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#19 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19183 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 10:38 PM

Thanks, Jim and Mark.

But, I think I am the winner here.  I love this dog.  There, I said it.  He makes me smile.  Such a funny creature.

The things he does I really like.....

- if I am out of sight for a while he goes nuts when he sees me, wages his tail, jumps on my lap and rolls on his back for a belly rub

- has a meaty face you just love to hold in both hands

- the eyes are the mirror to the soul.... I love it when we make eye contact

- he is always by my side

- ready to play

- ready to WALK, but when he is done, HE IS DONE... stops dead in his tracks and won't move... unless it is heading back home.  OMG this makes me laugh.  "I am done now, lets go home, enough of this walking stuff" :lol:

- eats like the Tasmanian Devil.

- Gently takes a treat from you hand... sometimes, well, most of the time... sometimes, fingers go too! 

- he has a good soul for a dog, very friendly to everyone, patient, calm.... just a great dog.  I have had 4 dogs in my life, this one is the best.

What ever length of time he stays, I am going to love every minute of it.

Jim, there is NOTHING like a good dog.  He really brings light hearted levity into my life.  A bonus.

Helping others has its own unique rewards. More than happy to do it, she is a very nice person.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users