• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dennis

Dennis

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15411 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:48 AM

Any camera, any lens.

I'm thankful for my grand daughter 

Attached File  IMG_1012.jpg   485.04KB   0 downloads

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group, NPS member.

Nikon Z7 (My wifes, but I'm allowed to use it once a quarter), Z6, D4, D850, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#2 photojazz

photojazz

• Moderators
  • 19639 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photography, , More Photography, More Photography and now the Philadelphia Eagles.

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:57 AM

Kool.nice family shot.

PhotoJazz - Just Capturing Life
PlanetNikon Member 141

I photo-shoot with film, digital and medium format cameras, which includes the following:
Nikon D605, D200, F4E, F5, FE2 (Black & Silver), EM
Mamiya C330 Professional, M645 1000s, RB67
Bronica ETRSI

iPhone 8+
And I have some lenses.

Additional: Video editing with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro X 10.4 and LumaFusion

C&C Is Always Welcome!!

#3 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21444 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 02 November 2016 - 01:18 AM

Very nice!!!

Excellent topic!!
Signature_Line_V4

#4 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21444 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 04 November 2016 - 12:57 PM

Attached File  Art-&-Maggie_850px.jpg   443.2KB   0 downloads

:wub:

Signature_Line_V4

#5 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7408 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 24 November 2016 - 06:17 PM

As soon as I saw the theme for this month’s challenge, I knew that I was bringing my camera to the Remembrance Day service. 

As old age and declining health claims so many of the people who have fought for our freedom, Remembrance Day in Port Moody has evolved into a community event.  The ceremonies start with a short indoor service, followed by a March Past; 2 minutes of silence, to mark the armistice on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month in 1918; a formation fly-past by light civilian aircraft; and, finally, the laying of wreaths.

Attached File  Thankful -1.jpg   627.64KB   0 downloads

For Port Moody, Remembrance Day is a “Big Deal”.  This year, there were at least 500 spectators of all ages.  The Police close off one of Greater Vancouver’s main traffic arteries, to allow for the March Past.  The March Past includes Veterans, First Responders, Scouts and Community groups; and the world-champion Simon Fraser University Pipe Band.  First Responders who aren’t on duty parade in full dress uniforms.

Attached File  Thankful -2.jpg   419.77KB   0 downloads

After the 2-minute silence, a nearby artillery battalion provides a 21-gun salute.  They use a mobile field gun – not rifles.  While intended as an honour, the salute can also be quite humorous as the noise sets off car alarms, barking dogs and crying children.  Rather than try to ignore it, the ceremony MC now gives the crowd a “heads up”.

So, I am thankful on Remembrance Day.  Thank you to the surviving veterans, who fought the freedom that we have; to current Armed Forces members who still defend that freedom; and to the First Responders who still work to keep us safe.

Attached File  Thankful -3.jpg   639.72KB   0 downloads

Thanks for looking, everyone.  :)

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#6 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21444 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 08:19 PM

Awesome!
Signature_Line_V4

#7 LightMeter

LightMeter

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2534 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy photography(of course)and I'm a gadget freak, especially if it can be used in photography.

Posted 01 December 2016 - 04:22 AM

I'm thankful to have a wife like Crystal. Thankful to have a wife that really understands my spending $$$ on "man stuff" such as photography, wristwatches, and other stuff.

Attached Files

Bill

Still shooting DX digital and don't plan on going full frame.

D7100, red D5300, IR converted D300,  D40, D70s, Olympus C-5060 P&S from 2003, and a few 35mm film bodies

"I support capital punishment. Everyone in the capital should be punished".---Fred Sanford(Redd Foxx)

#8 desert_nikonian

desert_nikonian

Planet Citizen Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Interests:Macro Photography, Portraiture, Landscapes, Black & White Photography

Posted 05 December 2016 - 02:34 PM

I'm thankful for all my kids, but especially my boys!

Attached File  20161204_0507-Facebook.jpg   117.96KB   0 downloads

Justin

Nikon D7100

Various lenses, ever changing selection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users