• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Old Dog New Tricks

Old Dog New Tricks

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8228 posts
  • Interests:Scenic & Nature Photography, Travel, Cooking, Kayaking, Grandson and Granddaughter.

Posted 22 May 2011 - 10:30 AM

Last Saturday, my oldest daughter was married. This was not your typical wedding. First it was put together in three months, and very inexpensively done. Her flowers cost her $30.00. Her mom made the cake (carrot cake with cream cheese frosting) her sister decorated it. She ordered her dress online and with alterations it cost her less than $400. We did the reception at the our restaurant and the ceremony was in the Great Hall of the Oneida Community Mansion House.

As Father of the Bride, I didn't get to do a lot of photography, my cameras however did get a work out. My son used one, and my sister in law the other. I did get to take some pictures as evidenced here.

Attached File  IMG_0122.jpg   308.2KB   1 downloads

This is the shot I was working on.

Attached File  _DSF2307.jpg   108.51KB   1 downloads

I also harvested pictures from some friends and had almost 600 images to work from. I created aslide show from Lightroom.

The best part was being able to party and not worry about getting the "shots"!! BTW Jazzer, I made wine for the party and did a label with a lighthouse picture (the theme of the reception).

A still tired and somewhat broke (it could have been worst) Father of the Bride. Now on to Scranton in October for her brothers event.

OD
Posted Image

"Photography is man's attempt at immortality. To save our memories and share them. The places we have been, the people we have known, the things we have done. To share with others for eternity, or until the images fade away."

Shooting with
Film Nikon N60, N70(2), EM, Mamiya C-330, C-33, RB67
Digital Nikon D7100 D7000, Nikon D200(RIP), Fuji S3Pro(Retired)

#2 chaswes5

chaswes5

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • 8401 posts
  • Interests:Macs, photoshop, portraits and photographing ordinary life. I enjoy taking candid shots then developing them into something more than a snap shot.

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:16 PM

OD, thanks for posting and congratulations! BTW, you clean up good.
Charles Wesley

Nikon D800 and D700 and some lenses. Sony NEX 7 with 18-55 Kit Lens.

“When you photograph people in color, you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in Black and white, you photograph their souls!” ― Ted Grant I try never to fool myself that just pointing a camera at something makes it art. Or that snapping the shutter makes me an artist."

Don Giannatti

Gallery:http://wesleyphotography.zenfolio.com/

#3 Jon H.

Jon H.

Deep Space Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4447 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:51 PM

Congrats, OD! And nice new avatar portrait! J
Jon Haverstick
Southern CA, USA
Portraiture, Wedding, Product, Stage, Real Estate, Corporate, Annual Report, Sports, Event, Special Projects
Photoshop, Lightroom, and Photography Instruction

Website / Blog / Portfolio: www.jonhaverstickstudio.com
Email: jon@jonhaverstickstudio.com

Founding Photographer: Smiles Across The Miles - "Focusing on the Those Who Serve" Pro bono professional portraiture for military personnel and their families.

Publisher: Senior Portraits, Headshots, Two Hearts:One Love, and With this Ring Magazines: http://magcloud.com/.../jchphotography

Professional Memberships:
  • NAPP (National Association of Photoshop Professionals)
  • WPPI (Wedding and Portrait Photographers International)
  • SPS (Student Photographic Society): Educator
  • Nikon Professional Services

#4 photojazz

photojazz

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19344 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photography, , More Photography, More Photography and now the Philadelphia Eagles.

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:01 AM

OD...please pass the joys of happiness to the newlyweds fromthe PhotoJazz family. Thanks for the info on your wedding costs as PhotoConny is 18 now and talking about her "BiG Day!" As for the wine, white or rote....red??????:lol:

PhotoJazz - Just Capturing Life
PlanetNikon Member 141

Member of the following organizations:

American Society of Media Professionals

Fairmount Photo Club

NYI PhotoWorld Magazine

Photographic Society of Philadelphia

Philadelphia Photo League (PPL)

I photo-shoot with film, digital and medium format cameras, which includes the following:
Nikon D605, D200, F4E, F5, FE2 (Black & Silver), EM
Mamiya C330 Professional, M645 1000s, RB67
Bronica ETRSI

And I have some lenses.

C&C Is Always Welcome!!
New website coming soon!

#5 Old Dog New Tricks

Old Dog New Tricks

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • 8228 posts
  • Interests:Scenic & Nature Photography, Travel, Cooking, Kayaking, Grandson and Granddaughter.

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:52 AM

The best part was that I was in Virginia working until Thursday morning and missed most of the mayhem. Her sister and I worked on the cake until 10 AM the4 day of the wedding. I was left to bring Lissa to the site and true to her form, we were almost 45 minutes late. As soon as I got her that I got some help from an old Irish friend of mine. :lol: Jazzer, actually it was both, a blush, White Zinfadel. OD
Posted Image

"Photography is man's attempt at immortality. To save our memories and share them. The places we have been, the people we have known, the things we have done. To share with others for eternity, or until the images fade away."

Shooting with
Film Nikon N60, N70(2), EM, Mamiya C-330, C-33, RB67
Digital Nikon D7100 D7000, Nikon D200(RIP), Fuji S3Pro(Retired)

#6 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 14333 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:47 AM

Congrats OD

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group

Nikon D4, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#7 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19573 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:00 PM

Congratulations OD! All the best to the newly weds. Lucky for you they were practical. So, now that it looks like you will be an empty-nester... more money for you to spend on GEAR! :lol:

...................... 🎥 Just another Photography buff! 🎥 .....................

|_____________________________________________________|

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users