• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Herman

Herman

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10764 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, flight simulation, computers, nature, photography & travel

Posted 18 June 2019 - 04:21 PM

Interesting review by PhotographyLife...

Link: https://photographyl...adb44-184115053

:)

Equipment: D810 | D300 | D50 | B700 | P5000 and some lenses.

Software: Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 + NIK Software Suite

My motto: To learn more today, than I knew yesterday!

#2 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22013 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 18 June 2019 - 11:43 PM

Good read.

In my opinion, a superb lens.  

The benefits outweigh the negatives by a country mile, in my opinion when you consider the cost savings.  I will wager, this technology will replace standard glass lenses.

Why do I say this?

After spending a day walking almost 6 km up and down hills and stairs to walkways crossing the track, I was nowhere near as tired as I have been in the past carrying my 200-400mm behemoth, by comparison. 

I am pretty fussy with image quality and honestly, if there is some, it is barely noticeable. I might still give the nod to the 200-400 in terms of superior image quality but there is a price to pay to haul that around versus this beauty.

What really impressed me was the focus lock.  It was fast and accurate. And, just as important, you can hand hold this thing with no worries.  Very impressive.

Signature_Line_V4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users