4 replies to this topic

#1 velvia_world

velvia_world

Planet Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:19 PM

Hi, I'm new here and I am not sure if I am posting this topic in the correct area of the forums. I was checking on a used lens at B&H Photo and the salesman tells me it has the 5 year warranty. I was kind of skeptical on this claim as I understood that Nikon only warrantied a new lens purchased from an authorized dealer. But he told me again it had the 5 year warranty just like a new lens would. This was NOT a sales sample or a factory demo. Has anyone here bought a used lens from B&H and received the full Nikon 5 year warranty or was the salesman just giving me the business? By the way I have bought new items from B&H before and never had an issue with them as they are a top notch dealer.

#2 B&H Photo-Video

B&H Photo-Video

Planet Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 11:35 AM

I'm checking on this with the used dept's manager. Do you recall which lens in particular was being discussed?

Edited by B&H Photo-Video, 19 August 2010 - 11:36 AM.

#3 velvia_world

velvia_world

Planet Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 01:49 AM

Hi B&H, I'm not trying to get anyone in trouble here. I am just seeking information. Does a used Nikon lens ever qualify for the Nikon 5 year warranty? Like I stated above, I've never had issues with your business and always received excellent service. Thank you.

#4 B&H Photo-Video

B&H Photo-Video

Planet Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 10:43 AM

Does a used Nikon lens ever qualify for the Nikon 5 year warranty?

Generally, no. If you were discussing a particular individual lens, I can check further. But, the invoice you'd receive is marked "Used," and I believe Nikon USA would take that into account.

#5 velvia_world

velvia_world

Planet Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 05:41 AM

Thanks, B&H Photo. That's what I had suspected. It's possible that the salesperson had incorrect information or a misunderstanding on my part.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users