Photo

Nikon D600 Acquisition Poll

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Poll: Nikon D600 Acquisition Poll (20 member(s) have cast votes)

What is your feeling about the D600?

1. Love it, I plan to buy one when it is released. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. I will buy one in the next 6 months. (1 votes [5.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.00%

3. I like it, but will buy a D800 instead. (3 votes [15.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.00%

4. I was expecting more, will wait for another announcement. (5 votes [25.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

5. I have no intention of buying a new camera body at this time, but I like the D600. (11 votes [55.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19358 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:09 AM

I think I like this POLL stuff. Please feel free to express your opinions on the D600 and cast your vote on the Poll above.

Edited by Art, 13 September 2012 - 11:10 AM.

...................... 🎥 Just another Photography buff! 🎥 .....................

|_____________________________________________________|

#2 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 14253 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 13 September 2012 - 11:40 AM

You need; I have no intention if buying a new camera body at this time. NAS prevents me from liking any thing Nikon right now. She prevents me from looking at anything Nikon. I thought I had money in my wallet!

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group

Nikon D4, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#3 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19358 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

The best one is the LAST one! Ouch! Talk about cold turkey when NAS hits hard!! :lol:

#4 Peter

Peter

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1102 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:14 PM

"I was expecting more, will wait for another announcement" More, as in "less" of a price. I guess I will stick with DX format and see what replaces either the D7000 or D300s. Like to see something new at the $1500 price point. Peter

#5 Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5268 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 12:55 PM

Nice looking, bit pricey at launch but give it a few months to settle, great spec for an entry camera, market leaving - pushing people up from DX and pulling the cost of FX down........but.........if I buy a new camera in the next year it will be a Fuji. I want the simple things in life that the X series gives and not the monsters that DSLR's are becoming.

Never marry someone until you've heard them step on Lego

Instagram

#6 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6081 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:43 PM

"I was expecting more, will wait for another announcement"

More, as in "less" of a price. I guess I will stick with DX format and see what replaces either the D7000 or D300s. Like to see something new at the $1500 price point.

Peter

Ditto for me. However, I think that Cliff (AKA OD) may be on to something when he suggests that this could be the first indicator that the DX format is on its way out. I'm going to see what develops between now and Xmas.
Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#7 Herman

Herman

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9762 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, computers, flight simulation, nature, photography and travel

Posted 14 September 2012 - 03:14 PM

Call me hard headed BUT I'm still looking forward to seeing Nikon launch a prosumer D400 DX! :rolleyes:

Equipment: D810 | D300 | D50 and some lenses.

Software: Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 + NIK Software Suite

My motto: To learn more today, than I knew yesterday!

#8 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19358 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:59 PM

Herman, there is nothing to stop them from launching a camera in the DX format, if they sell tons of them, which they most likely would, it won't stop them from dumping the line anyway at a future date. It would just be a poor investment for those that buy. I personally, am moving away from anything DX. I sold my D90, trying to get rid of the grip and the 18-105 will go next. I am trying to replace with prime lenses. FX will be around a while, DX, not so sure. I just looked at the POLL so far and the D600 isn't winning any fans on PN so far! Although, I think it is a very nice camera and I still believe Nikon will sell tons. So, I guess that is it for announcements? Does Nikon usually announce everything at Photokina and then you have to wait until the next event?

Edited by Art, 15 September 2012 - 06:37 AM.

#9 Herman

Herman

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9762 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, computers, flight simulation, nature, photography and travel

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:56 AM

Art, I agree, it's not the time to heavily invest in expensive DX lenses... I most certainly would only invest in FX-capable lenses at this stage and I've been thinking in that trend for quite some time else I would have purchased a lens such as the AF-S 17-55 f/2.8G which has an excellent reputation. Using a DX camera in combination with FX-capable lenses is a good idea as only the centre section of the lens is used resulting in optimal sharpness and less chance of vignetting. :)

Equipment: D810 | D300 | D50 and some lenses.

Software: Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 + NIK Software Suite

My motto: To learn more today, than I knew yesterday!

#10 Gary Poole

Gary Poole

Planet Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

There's no choice in the poll that fits my situation. I already have a D800e and love it. I have no interest in the D600. OK that's my situation. On the other hand I would have no problem recommending it to others.
Gary in SE Michigan, USA
D4, D810, D300 (720nm IR), D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5

#11 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19358 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 11:51 AM

Gary, I would say that puts you firmly in the last slot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users