2 replies to this topic

#1 butch4343

butch4343

Planet Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:07 PM

Hi Guys I was wondering if anyone out there might be able to give a realitve newbie a bit of help regarding filters, I have recently bought soome graduated filters (Kood ones to be precise) I have a ND2 soft and hard , and a ND4 soft, what I am really looking for now is a ND8 graduated filter with a hard edge, either for the cokin A or P series. Can anyone recommend a filter that fits the bill? The reason I ask is, I cannot order it in to my local Jessops shop as they seem to be all out of stock, so I will need to order online and any of the Cokin or Kood filters I have looked at , although they specify its a ND8 grad filter, it doesnt really mention whether its a soft or hard edge on the filter. I have emailed cokin but so far they havent replied to me. Any advice or pointers would be gratefully recieved. Mark P.s Hope you all have a very merry new year!!

#2 Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5342 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 02:38 AM

They do seem to be made in soft and hard though very few places I checked had them in stock, even warehouseexpress. I've a feeling I heard that Cokin were in bother financially due to falling sales of filters in general.
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him.

#3 Gary Poole

Gary Poole

Planet Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:07 AM

Some filter manufactures number their filters different than others. I think your ND2, ND4, and ND8 sequence means 2X, 4X, and 8X exposure. With many brands such as Singh-Ray this would be 1, 2, and 3 for the number of stops of light reduction.
Gary in SE Michigan, USA
D4, D810, D300 (720nm IR), D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users