Photo

Motorcycle Racing images (VERY Image Heavy!!)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21862 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:37 PM

I am just recovering from what ended up being the Flu! Spent the last 4-5 days just miserable.  I have been posting a number of these on Facebook and thought I would share them here for those who do not frequent FB or Instagram.

All images taken at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park last August.  

Taken with a Nikon D5 and the Nikkor 200-400mm f4G VR lens.

Attached File  Racer-1-(1000px).jpg   534.11KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Racer-4-(1000px)_1.jpg   202.34KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Racer-4-(1000px).jpg   416.83KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Racer-8-(1000px)CFx.jpg   326KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Racer-12-Mitch-Card(1000px)_2.jpg   519.77KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Racer-15-(1000px).jpg   338.53KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Racer-17-(1000px).jpg   298.05KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Racer-32_3092-(1000px)_1.jpg   357.18KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Racer-36_(1200px)_1.jpg   356.35KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Racer-42-(1000px).jpg   287.18KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Racer-247-(1000px).jpg   278.74KB   0 downloads

Signature_Line_V4

#2 Wheatsack

Wheatsack

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7484 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 03:01 PM

Great series Art.

• Art likes this

Peter................................................ f8....and be there....

#3 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 24048 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 03 April 2019 - 05:32 PM

Excellent series Art, glad to hear your feeling better.
  • Art likes this

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#4 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 15728 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 03 April 2019 - 06:07 PM

Nice series Art.

If I remember correctly, you rented that gear. When will you be buying the D6.... i.... mean D5? 😎
  • Art likes this

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group, NPS member.

Nikon Z7 (My wifes, but I'm allowed to use it once a quarter), Z6, D4, D850, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#5 Leaviathan

Leaviathan

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1417 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Musician-bass, guitar, piano, lap steel, percussion. Audio Engineer-software & hardware platforms.

Posted 03 April 2019 - 07:22 PM

Lots of great shots, any Ducati users up there?

• Art likes this

Nikon D-3300 18-55 VRII, 1971 Nikkor 135mm Q-Auto, Tamron 70-300 AF. Not much! But I'm working on mastering what I do have.

#6 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21862 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 03 April 2019 - 07:53 PM

Lots of great shots, any Ducati users up there?

Ducati is a big name here, see them at shows all the time.  I don't really know the brands enough to differentiate.  I am a race enthusiast more than an equipment enthusiast.  Kawasaki, Yamaha and BMW seem to be the brand of favor or the most visible at the races.

Best I can tell you.

Signature_Line_V4

#7 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21862 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 07:57 PM

Nice series Art.

If I remember correctly, you rented that gear. When will you be buying the D6.... i.... mean D5?

The gear was NPS. Free.

D5?  :lol:

No, wait .....  <_<

I have been scouring the used market, there, I admit it.  Price is too high for me at the moment.  If I can continue to use the NPS pool, that works for me at the moment.  I want to buy the 500mm f5.6, but I refuse to do it until they give me one to try.  I need to pixel peep it for $5K!

I will be broke after that, but will probably save for a used D5.  Especially if they come out with a D6.  Nothing wrong with a D4 either.  I want a minimum of 24mp and a high frame rate.  If they come out with a nice Z between now and me robbing a bank, then I will go Z for sure.

Speed Circuit News is currently accredited for the season for 5 pro races at the local track.  Waiting to go province wide and a race or more in Quebec.

If you are interested and want to get into a Race, let me know the details, and I will try to get you in.  I will need lots of images and a story to go with it.

Signature_Line_V4

#8 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21862 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 08:00 PM

Excellent series Art, glad to hear your feeling better.

Jim,

Thanks, It was agony.  A lost week. I thought it was something else and would end up in surgery this time, as it turns out ... the flu.  I am about 90%.  Still have some minor aches and a tiny bit of chill, but I am light years from the past weekend! I should be good as new by the this coming weekend.

Signature_Line_V4

#9 Leaviathan

Leaviathan

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1417 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Musician-bass, guitar, piano, lap steel, percussion. Audio Engineer-software & hardware platforms.

Posted 03 April 2019 - 08:34 PM

Ducati is a big name here, see them at shows all the time.  I don't really know the brands enough to differentiate.  I am a race enthusiast more than an equipment enthusiast.  Kawasaki, Yamaha and BMW seem to be the brand of favor or the most visible at the races.

Best I can tell you.

BMW are my favorite overall, and would love to pick up an R1200GS Enduro, they don't look like an on/off bike but they handle it well.   https://www.bmwmotor...cB&gclsrc=aw.ds

• Art likes this

Nikon D-3300 18-55 VRII, 1971 Nikkor 135mm Q-Auto, Tamron 70-300 AF. Not much! But I'm working on mastering what I do have.

#10 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21862 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 10:37 PM

BMW are my favorite overall, and would love to pick up an R1200GS Enduro, they don't look like an on/off bike but they handle it well.   https://www.bmwmotor...cB&gclsrc=aw.ds

This is the heavy favorite in Superbike Racing, the BMW S1000RR. However, the reigning champion and king of Superbike racing blew on engine on it this year and had to strip his wife's bike of her engine so he could race in the finals!!  It almost cost him his 13th Championship win!  He dumped BMW for Kawasaki this year!

The first image posted above in the series is Jordan as well on the BMW. He is an amazing racer, extremely confident, comfortable and aggressive on the track.

See images below:

2017 bike

Attached File  #1-Jordan-Szoke.jpg   231.65KB   0 downloads

2018 bike

Attached File  #1-Jordan-Szoke.jpg   170KB   0 downloads

Signature_Line_V4

#11 fotofill

fotofill

Galactic Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3526 posts
  • Interests:I have been doing this for over forty years. My wife approves and most times goes with me on assignments. I do photojournalism for a media group that has 11 newspapers around the Nashville, TN area.

Posted 04 April 2019 - 01:10 AM

Art, I kinda like these close ups. Whats shutter speed?

• Art likes this
Sports and photojournalism
http://www.fotofill.net

#12 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7903 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 04 April 2019 - 12:25 PM

Really nice series, Art.  Also glad that you're on the mend.

If you're posting stuff from last August, could it be that you're suffering a mild case of cabin fever?  :rolleyes:

• Art likes this
Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#13 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21862 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 05:15 PM

Really nice series, Art.  Also glad that you're on the mend.

If you're posting stuff from last August, could it be that you're suffering a mild case of cabin fever?  :rolleyes:

You have no idea! :) I need to get outdoors again.

Signature_Line_V4

#14 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21862 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 05:16 PM

Art, I kinda like these close ups. Whats shutter speed?

Phil,

These vary, typically 1/500-1/640.  No enough.  This year, I will be shooting 400 ISO or greater and dang the torpedos on noise.

Signature_Line_V4

#15 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 15728 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:52 PM

On my D4, I can go to 3200 iso with hardly no noise. Im sure the D5/6 will be great up high or higher. Just be sure not to under expose.

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group, NPS member.

Nikon Z7 (My wifes, but I'm allowed to use it once a quarter), Z6, D4, D850, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#16 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21862 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:19 PM

On my D4, I can go to 3200 iso with hardly no noise. Im sure the D5/6 will be great up high or higher. Just be sure not to under expose.

Funny thing you say that.... I managed to get some incredible images from the D5 and a lot of not so good. Typically, this race is held at a time in the summer when Global Warming takes on a whole new meaning.  It is getting harder and harder each year to navigate the hills, valleys and bridges over the track carrying 30lbs of gear.  In other words, the sun is out beating down on everything, including the track, especially, THE TRACK!

Here are some samples of the perfectly exposed images:

Attached File  Ryan-White.jpg   186.2KB   0 downloads

Attached File  #187-Neil-O'Halloran.jpg   250.22KB   0 downloads

Attached File  #36-Jason-Thoms.jpg   201.83KB   0 downloads

I chose these cuz I was too lazy to downsize others..... but they turned out great.

Signature_Line_V4

#17 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21862 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 10:21 PM

Shooting in the hot sun throughout the day is a challenge for getting a great exposure. If only it would cloud up!

Signature_Line_V4

#18 Herman

Herman

• Moderators
  • 10668 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, flight simulation, computers, nature, photography & travel

Posted 05 April 2019 - 09:28 AM

Wonderful series... well done, Art!

• Art likes this

Equipment: D810 | D300 | D50 | B700 | P5000 and some lenses.

Software: Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 + NIK Software Suite

My motto: To learn more today, than I knew yesterday!

#19 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21862 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 10:23 AM

Wonderful series... well done, Art!

Thank you, Herman.

Signature_Line_V4

#20 winclk

winclk

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1948 posts
  • Interests:Photography and Grandkids

Posted 07 April 2019 - 12:04 PM

What a very nice series, Art!!!

Robin

Amateur Photographer--Hoping to upgrade my status one day

#21 fotofill

fotofill

Galactic Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3526 posts
  • Interests:I have been doing this for over forty years. My wife approves and most times goes with me on assignments. I do photojournalism for a media group that has 11 newspapers around the Nashville, TN area.

Posted 07 April 2019 - 09:43 PM

High sun gives the shadows. Don't be afraid to do a +.3. You can bring the whole thing down in PP, but you might get some shadow detail.

I shoot IS0 1000 and SS 1000 on a regular basis. Fill them frames!

Sports and photojournalism
http://www.fotofill.net

#22 Leaviathan

Leaviathan

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 06:42 AM

Shooting in the hot sun throughout the day is a challenge for getting a great exposure. If only it would cloud up!

What adjustments can be made for heat haze?

#23 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7903 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:50 PM

What adjustments can be made for heat haze?

In LR or ACR, try the Dehaze slider.  It's now near the bottom of the first group of controls.  :)

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users