• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JasonTO

JasonTO

Planet Guardian Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • Interests:Photography Interests: Wildlife, insects, mushrooms, landscapes, murals, sculptures, graffiti, architecture, monuments, cemeteries, abandoned places, crowds, carcasses, etc.

Other interests: Music, reading, art, hiking, archaeology, neuroscience, pseudoscience, DNA, osteology, philosophy, world religions/mythologies, occultism, Icelandic Grimoires, museums, funerary customs around the world, eastern orthodox theology, asceticism, etc.

Posted 09 June 2018 - 10:29 PM

I'm not on 500px much anymore. Today, I noticed an announcement when I logged on, "On July 1, 2018, all licensing on 500px will shift to Getty Images and VCG. As a result, 500px Marketplace will close on June 30, 2018. Learn more about the changes on the 500px Blog."

I haven't read all the info yet.

https://iso.500px.co...ew-partnership/

https://support.500p...es/360005097533

#2 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20961 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 10 June 2018 - 03:16 AM

Thanks for that info, Jason.

I have yet to see this memo. Not sure if this is good or bad yet. Boy, this company changed quickly after it was sold.
Signature_Line_V4

#3 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7065 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 10 June 2018 - 11:53 AM

I think this affects the Marketplace, not the main site.  They just announced a partnership with Getty.  Recently, my participation has been limited to looking, not posting, but it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#4 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20961 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 10 June 2018 - 12:24 PM

I think this affects the Marketplace, not the main site.  They just announced a partnership with Getty.  Recently, my participation has been limited to looking, not posting, but it will be interesting to see how this plays out.

It might open some doors with Getty.  It would be nice to make some revenue from some stock images.  My dream is to make enough to get the 200-400mm lens with the built in TC, dog house, shower and amenities .... :D  .... after my wife throws me out, the extras would come in handy.

Signature_Line_V4

#5 ericbowles

ericbowles

Planet Guardian Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 11 June 2018 - 08:15 AM

I got a similar notice.  I don't use the commercial side of 500px, but have gone ahead and deleted all of my photos on the site while things evolve.  I don't think I've posted anything there in more than a year, and all images had my watermark copyright notice.

Eric Bowles

Bowles Images

www.bowlesimages.com

Join my Workshops and Tours - Workshops and Private Instruction 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users