• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21326 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:10 PM

I took my Nikon F6 out of Moth Balls a few weeks ago namely due the news that Black's Cameras was going out of business.

My Father in Law had two Processing Included films on hand and I took them and ran them through the F6!  I find out today.... they were stale dated.... best before 2011!! :lol:

So, see picks of my camera below and some images of the film and prints.  My send off to Black's!!  Sad and sorry to see them go.  They are now no longer accepting any film and selling off what ever is left in their stores, which is now, mostly frames and junk.

Sad end to a once proud and mighty company.

In regards to my Nikon F6.... wow, what a fine, balanced, smooth, slick piece of equipment.  A real pleasure to use.  I will be pumping more film through it in the coming months.  Rekindled a new love affair with film!

Attached File  F6_3.jpg   258.8KB   0 downloads

Attached File  F6_2.jpg   194.72KB   0 downloads

Attached File  F6_1.jpg   173.94KB   0 downloads

Attached File  F6_4.jpg   173.43KB   0 downloads

Attached File  F6_5.jpg   216.01KB   0 downloads

Attached File  BlacksCamera.jpg   295.25KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Picks.jpg   445.99KB   0 downloads

Signature_Line_V4

#2 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 23636 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:54 PM

Great stuff Art does my film heart good!

Jim

• Art likes this

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#3 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21326 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:09 AM

Jim,

It brought back all the memories!! B)

I loved film.  The F6 made it so, sooooo much fun again to snap these!  I am downtown tomorrow, will be looking to buy some more film and run a few more rolls through the camera!!  I had that much fun with it.

Signature_Line_V4

#4 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 23636 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:53 AM

Love it Art I really need to use my brand new N80 I got a few months ago I do have some Velvia 100F loaded! :D

Jim

• Art likes this

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#5 Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5342 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:09 AM

Fantastic camera and its soooo much fun to run a film through a body once in a while. 

Its odd looking at the prints as they seem old somehow, could be the fixed WB that forget about these day but the images are very different to those from a modern digital pipeline.

• Art likes this
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him.

#6 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21326 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:52 AM

Fantastic camera and its soooo much fun to run a film through a body once in a while. 
Its odd looking at the prints as they seem old somehow, could be the fixed WB that forget about these day but the images are very different to those from a modern digital pipeline.

BP, you have a very trained eye. The film expired in 2011!! So, it was a bit dated. And, I know my Father in Law did not store them in the fridge.

Also, many are taken in poor light.

I had two weeks to meet the final submission deadline. They stopped taking film June 30. So, I was in a rush to shoot 48 decent images and find nice days and will subjects! The next couple of rolls will be fresh film. I will try to turn that around in a month...shooting and processing.
Signature_Line_V4

#7 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21326 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 08:00 AM

Love it Art I really need to use my brand new N80 I got a few months ago I do have some Velvia 100F loaded! :D

Jim

Jim,

Going to try and pick up a quality film today at a high end LCS, in downtown Toronto. Last chance to be in Toronto for the next 30 days. The PanAm Circus rolls into town tomorrow!! Car travel will be a nightmare! Not to mention ticket crazed cops. They have been out, everywhere for TWO WEEKS warming up!!

I will keep you posted as I am bitten by nostalgia and the film bug now....it may carry me thru the summer!!
Signature_Line_V4

#8 photojazz

photojazz

• Moderators
  • 19639 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photography, , More Photography, More Photography and now the Philadelphia Eagles.

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:22 PM

Yeaaaaaaa...

PhotoJazz - Just Capturing Life
PlanetNikon Member 141

I photo-shoot with film, digital and medium format cameras, which includes the following:
Nikon D605, D200, F4E, F5, FE2 (Black & Silver), EM
Mamiya C330 Professional, M645 1000s, RB67
Bronica ETRSI

iPhone 8+
And I have some lenses.

Additional: Video editing with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro X 10.4 and LumaFusion

C&C Is Always Welcome!!

#9 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21326 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:48 PM

Yeaaaaaaa...

:lol:

Signature_Line_V4

#10 Keith M

Keith M

Planet Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 10:12 PM

Film forever.

• Art likes this

"First we have to make you pretty"

Pixels are like beans, it doesn't matter how many you put in the pot, it's how well you can cook that counts.

#11 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21326 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:16 PM

I just bought:

3 x 24 200 FujiColour Superia Film

And

Ilford Delta 100 Professional 24 exposure

How would you guys divvy these up between:

Nikon F6
Nikon F5
Nikon F100?

Decisions, decisions!!

Attached File  post-32558-0-23727800-1436559403.jpg   289.8KB   0 downloads

Signature_Line_V4

#12 Leaviathan

Leaviathan

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1284 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Musician-bass, guitar, piano, lap steel, percussion. Audio Engineer-software & hardware platforms.

Posted 01 November 2016 - 07:56 PM

Great post, I was just going to start a topic on the F6, regarding quality for the price tag. Should used F6's be considered?

Nikon D-3300 18-55 VRII, 1971 Nikkor 135mm Q-Auto, Tamron 70-300 AF. Not much! But I'm working on mastering what I do have.

#13 photojazz

photojazz

• Moderators
  • 19639 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photography, , More Photography, More Photography and now the Philadelphia Eagles.

Posted 01 November 2016 - 09:30 PM

Woooooooooooooo Woop. That's what I am talking about. F6...Dynomite.

Nice pics,,,super pics...!!

Film again...

:rolleyes:

PhotoJazz - Just Capturing Life
PlanetNikon Member 141

I photo-shoot with film, digital and medium format cameras, which includes the following:
Nikon D605, D200, F4E, F5, FE2 (Black & Silver), EM
Mamiya C330 Professional, M645 1000s, RB67
Bronica ETRSI

iPhone 8+
And I have some lenses.

Additional: Video editing with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro X 10.4 and LumaFusion

C&C Is Always Welcome!!

#14 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 23636 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:01 AM

:lol: :lol:

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

#15 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21326 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 01:05 AM

Great post, I was just going to start a topic on the F6, regarding quality for the price tag. Should used F6's be considered?

Absolutely, if you can find one not beaten up by a pro, yes!!

Wonderful camera!
Signature_Line_V4

#16 pendennis

pendennis

Planet Citizen Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Photography -nature, still life, architectural. Shooting sports - shotgun, rifle, pistol.

The body politic.

Posted 03 November 2016 - 10:50 AM

I finally scratched the itch after selling my F5.  I really wanted another film camera, but the idea sat on the back burner until this past weekend.  I had seen an F6 on Craig's List for over a month.  The owner had started out @ $700, but finally lowered the price to $500 on Saturday.  I did visit eBay to see what F6's had sold for previously, so the $500 seemed like a steal.  I picked up the camera on Monday, and it's absolutely mint; not a single scratch or mar.  On the way home, I found a small shop which had some Fuji  Velvia 100, and bought four rolls.  I started using this morning to test out on some fall colors.

• Art likes this

Best,

Dennis

#17 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21326 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 11:16 AM

I finally scratched the itch after selling my F5.  I really wanted another film camera, but the idea sat on the back burner until this past weekend.  I had seen an F6 on Craig's List for over a month.  The owner had started out @ $700, but finally lowered the price to $500 on Saturday.  I did visit eBay to see what F6's had sold for previously, so the $500 seemed like a steal.  I picked up the camera on Monday, and it's absolutely mint; not a single scratch or mar.  On the way home, I found a small shop which had some Fuji  Velvia 100, and bought four rolls.  I started using this morning to test out on some fall colors.

You lucky guy!!

That is a BARGOOON!!  $500!  Congratulations.  Hope you get a ton of use out of it.

Post the picks, when you get them.

Signature_Line_V4

#18 pendennis

pendennis

Planet Citizen Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:Photography -nature, still life, architectural. Shooting sports - shotgun, rifle, pistol.

The body politic.

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:26 PM

I've gotten great deals on equipment on eBay, especially from the Japanese dealers.  They've been very scrupulous, and very conservative on their condition ratings; their "Good" ratings tend to be "Mint".  Right now, they're running about $850 +/- for used models.  As with anything there, you have to be cautious.

Downside?  The instant gratification of digital!

Best,

Dennis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users