• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 photojazz

photojazz

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19595 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photography, , More Photography, More Photography and now the Philadelphia Eagles.

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:07 AM

Comments, experiences, attaboys, and dislikes...what are your thoughts on either of these cameras? B)

PhotoJazz - Just Capturing Life
PlanetNikon Member 141

I photo-shoot with film, digital and medium format cameras, which includes the following:
Nikon D605, D200, F4E, F5, FE2 (Black & Silver), EM
Mamiya C330 Professional, M645 1000s, RB67
Bronica ETRSI

iPhone 8+
And I have some lenses.

Additional: Video editing with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro X 10.4 and LumaFusion

C&C Is Always Welcome!!

#2 Old Dog New Tricks

Old Dog New Tricks

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8305 posts
  • Interests:Scenic & Nature Photography, Travel, Cooking, Kayaking, Grandson and Granddaughter.

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:47 AM

Funny you should ask! I have used both and liked them. I used the S2 on an assignment at work. That is what gave me the digital bug. Loved the colors it produced. Later bought a D70S, wasn't happy with the images I was getting, color etc. About that time the S5Pro came out and I, being a lagger bought an S3. Love the camera, great colors, dynamic range. It's no Da 50 in size, but feels good in the hands. Problem that I had is that it is slow. It doesn't feed the images that fast even with a 133X card and there is a little shutter lag. It is a great camera for landscape, portrait and weddings. I got the D200 to use for more action shooting, etc. I will be taking both with me to the Southwest in April. I have attached pix from each. When I bought mine there were both versions available, but I opted for the S3 looking for a newer camera with less mileage on it. It is a great second camera. Uses CF and XD both, AA batteries, (it's nice to have a second tray for quick loads. Doesn't take advantage of CLS and has a PC flash connecton. Edit: forgot the pictures. With S2 Attached File  woman3sml.jpg   66.55KB   24 downloads With S3 Attached File  farmhousesml.jpg   283.29KB   17 downloads Hope that helps. If you check out my pix on Natural Life most of them are with the S3 ODNT

Edited by Old Dog New Tricks, 28 February 2008 - 08:52 AM.

Posted Image

"Photography is man's attempt at immortality. To save our memories and share them. The places we have been, the people we have known, the things we have done. To share with others for eternity, or until the images fade away."

Shooting with
Film Nikon N60, N70(2), EM, Mamiya C-330, C-33, RB67
Digital Nikon D7100 D7000, Nikon D200(RIP), Fuji S3Pro(Retired)

#3 photojazz

photojazz

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19595 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photography, , More Photography, More Photography and now the Philadelphia Eagles.

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:57 AM

Thanks OD, I am a fan of the Fuji CCD. I was so impressed with a Fuji S7000 image that I printed, that I am looking at the S2 or S3. What are the major differences between the two? Prices I have found are: S2 - $300-500 S3 $600-900 I shoot mostly protraits and landscape so the slow response for sports does not really concern me. I still have Da 50.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

PhotoJazz - Just Capturing Life
PlanetNikon Member 141

I photo-shoot with film, digital and medium format cameras, which includes the following:
Nikon D605, D200, F4E, F5, FE2 (Black & Silver), EM
Mamiya C330 Professional, M645 1000s, RB67
Bronica ETRSI

iPhone 8+
And I have some lenses.

Additional: Video editing with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro X 10.4 and LumaFusion

C&C Is Always Welcome!!

#4 Old Dog New Tricks

Old Dog New Tricks

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8305 posts
  • Interests:Scenic & Nature Photography, Travel, Cooking, Kayaking, Grandson and Granddaughter.

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:46 AM

Jazz, The S2 was on loan, I took the first picture on it. Was depressed when I had to turn it back in. I actually got the PM to let me take it out for the trip to DC that I took the above picture on. It was shipped backed to Quantico shortly afterwards. They were supposed to send more, but I think they were afraid I would wear them out. The S3 cost me $800, came from a wedding photographer in the midwest. Did find out it was grey market after I got it though. A lot of the wedding shooters around here are using the Fujis. S5 now. Btw do you know why there was no S4?? Apparently the number 4 has a bad connotation in Japan, so they just skipped it. Like the 13th floor in hotels. (Another piece of useless information) Maybe Nikon will go straight to D4. ODNT
Posted Image

"Photography is man's attempt at immortality. To save our memories and share them. The places we have been, the people we have known, the things we have done. To share with others for eternity, or until the images fade away."

Shooting with
Film Nikon N60, N70(2), EM, Mamiya C-330, C-33, RB67
Digital Nikon D7100 D7000, Nikon D200(RIP), Fuji S3Pro(Retired)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users