#1 Virgil

Virgil

Galactic Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2042 posts
  • Interests:my family, photography, everything thatīs fast, my Triumph bike

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:26 PM

I hear from my sources the Fuji will not bring another DSLR so its near sure that it can be said that the S5 was the last Fuji DSLR in the companies history. Itīs also rumoured that a take-over of Fuji by Nikon is planned. That could become very interesting cos maybe Nikon would learn from Fuji how to make really good P&S cameras and Nikon could gain access to niche-markets (i think about developments of the kind of the X100 Fuji recently introduced). Anyway - it will be interesting to see how things go on.
Cheers

Virgil

#2 Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5340 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 03:09 AM

From what I've heard Fuji will release a Micro Four Thirds system this year. Makes sense as it is well established so Olympus/Panasonic customers could well be tempted to switch when they upgrade their now 2 year old models while new Fuji customers have a good range of glass to choose from.

The Micro 4/3 mount can be adapted to just about any other (Nikon Included) again giving Fuji a wide customer base.

Not sure about the take over bid as Nikon are relatively small fry while Fuji are enormous, currently having the highest percentage of the world-wide compact market sales and have diversified into all sorts of other markets.

If there are rumours of possible collaborations between the two then it could be linked to the, just about to be announced, Nikon Compact System Camera (EVIL) which would make for an interesting joint venture.
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him.

#3 Glenn

Glenn

Planet Citizen Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Tennis and Photogrpahy

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:18 AM

From what I've heard Fuji will release a Micro Four Thirds system this year. Makes sense as it is well established so Olympus/Panasonic customers could well be tempted to switch when they upgrade their now 2 year old models while new Fuji customers have a good range of glass to choose from.

The Micro 4/3 mount can be adapted to just about any other (Nikon Included) again giving Fuji a wide customer base.

Not sure about the take over bid as Nikon are relatively small fry while Fuji are enormous, currently having the highest percentage of the world-wide compact market sales and have diversified into all sorts of other markets.

If there are rumours of possible collaborations between the two then it could be linked to the, just about to be announced, Nikon Compact System Camera (EVIL) which would make for an interesting joint venture.

It looks like this one is coming to a reality based on these leaked pictures.

Fuji X

Regards,

Glenn
D3s, D800E, D7000 and some mixed lenses
Flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/24917880@N02/
"You can never have too many lenses" - B and H Photo.

#4 Black Pearl

Black Pearl

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5340 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:38 AM

Should have updated this: I was speaking with one of the tech guys at Fuji recently and he said the mirrorless system will be based on the X100 sensor and is due Feb next year. Not gonna be cheep mind.
God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him.

#5 Glenn

Glenn

Planet Citizen Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Golf, Tennis and Photogrpahy

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

Nothing is cheap anymore with all of the features that we, as consumers have been requesting. Since Fuji has been listening closely to what photographers would like to have, it's going to cost a little more just like when buying any upgrades for your car.

Here is an interesting link regarding Fuji on the attack.

Regards,

Glenn
D3s, D800E, D7000 and some mixed lenses
Flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/24917880@N02/
"You can never have too many lenses" - B and H Photo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users