#1 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6266 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:20 PM

Nikon Rumours is full of fun stuff these days.

https://nikonrumors....50-camera.aspx/

My own experience with third party grips for the D810 would likely make me steer clear.  Twice, I ordered third party grips through Amazon, and ended up sending them back.  The fit and finish just wasn't there.

When I accepted that getting the real McCoy was simply going to be more expensive, I ordered it through Amazon also.  Got a nice discount because Nikon was gearing up for the D850.  Never looked back.  :)

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#2 LightMeter

LightMeter

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2341 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy photography(of course)and I'm a gadget freak, especially if it can be used in photography.

Posted 11 December 2017 - 05:34 AM

Yes in many cases it's better to spend the extra bucks and get the real thing.

Bill

Still shooting DX digital and don't plan on going full frame.

D7100, red D5300, IR converted D300,  D40, D70s, Olympus C-5060 P&S from 2003, and a few 35mm film bodies

#3 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19718 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 11 December 2017 - 11:03 PM

I have a Miele grip for my D800 and was very pleased with it.  Provided me years of good service.  When the price dropped substantially on the Nikon original, I finally sprung for one.  Otherwise, I would still be using the Miele.

For my D850, I will steer clear of third party stuff.  Too much invested now to go half measure and take chances.  They can bleed me some time in the new year.

...................... 🎥 Just another Photography buff! 🎥 .....................

|_____________________________________________________|

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users