• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19725 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:05 PM

HiJacking??

I LOVE IT!

You did really well on this!  Reflective surfaced items are extremely difficult to photograph.  Reading your "hijack post"  :P , I know exactly what you went through.  Every time I set up the lights, I do the same thing.  All wonderful experiments with light!

The second image is perfect!!  WELL DONE!

Mark,

Next time, try this....

Build a FOAM CORE house, so to speak.  An UPSIDE DOWN U shape.  I don't have the boards to do it yet, it is my next experiment.  In the photo class, they called it "Fashion Lighting".  Use a white background and throw a lot of light on the background, and then light up the subject in the "house".

The light bounces everywhere and you get a really nice effect, the subject will pop!

Going to try this again when things settle down after Christmas.

You get a very similar result as you do using a light tent.  See my image below.  It is not 100% perfect but more than perfect enough for the customers needs.  I would have like to have done more of this subject, but time didn't allow it.

Attached File  Calendar-Parts_33.jpg   143.01KB   0 downloads

One of about 30 or so parts I photographed, some more challenging than others based on how shiny the metal was.

Regarding the Blonde... yes, I have tried it, but I can't remember if I liked it or not.  Probably not.  I drink the Molsen's, blue and gold can, version and believe it or not, I have gotten used to the Bud I poo-pooed thru having to drink thru the case!  COLD is the only way to go.  Better than drinking a soft drink!

...................... 🎥 Just another Photography buff! 🎥 .....................

|_____________________________________________________|

#32 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19725 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:58 PM

One more light tent part.... love this type of lighting....

Attached File  Calendar-Parts_34.jpg   180.37KB   0 downloads

#33 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6270 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 23 December 2016 - 01:54 PM

Thank you, Art. I think I can visualize the set up that you are suggesting (I'm a visual type learner).  I'll have to try this.  I also have an Optek light tent that I bought a few years ago.  I like the foam core boards because they allow for much more space, but I am planning to see what that tent allows me to do.

I really like those 2 parts images that you posted.

Who knew that photographing empty beer cans and spare parts could be so much fun?  :D

• Art likes this
Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#34 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19725 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 07:25 PM

EXACTLY!!

I great enjoy this type of photography!

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users