#1 Virgil

Virgil

Galactic Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2042 posts
  • Interests:my family, photography, everything that´s fast, my Triumph bike

Posted 13 August 2008 - 03:31 AM

Appart from some new Finepix models (F60fd, J100, J110W, J120 and J150W) already announced along with another superzoom bridge-camera named S2000HD and the Natura F1.9 (sort of Sigma DP-1) there are no relevant news about a possibly upcoming DSLR from Fuji up to now. For sure - Fuji has always been tight lipped when it comes to new products - but i doubt that we´ll see (as some expected) a "S6" or so at Photokina or any time later. The other (possible) indication which let me think that Fuji finally and completely gives up on DSLR´s is that technical support here in Europe was moved and is now concentrated in Germany (also repair dept.). Nothing wrong with that as it saves costs but also strange in the way that Fuji always wanted to be as close a possible to their users which they now can´t be anymore. But as you know - the condemned live longer - so let´s hope this is also applicable for Fuji´s DSLR´s.
Cheers

Virgil

#2 photojazz

photojazz

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19630 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photography, , More Photography, More Photography and now the Philadelphia Eagles.

Posted 13 August 2008 - 08:23 AM

Hi Virgil, very interesting question I have read a lot of info and rumors on Fuji's new DSLR, Fuji's declaration of no new DSLR (not a Fuji statement) and see what's comig to PhotoKina. Photokina is on my tour calendar so I will know then and forward any new info to the PN. ;)

PhotoJazz - Just Capturing Life
PlanetNikon Member 141

I photo-shoot with film, digital and medium format cameras, which includes the following:
Nikon D605, D200, F4E, F5, FE2 (Black & Silver), EM
Mamiya C330 Professional, M645 1000s, RB67
Bronica ETRSI

iPhone 8+
And I have some lenses.

Additional: Video editing with Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro X 10.4 and LumaFusion

C&C Is Always Welcome!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users