After 4 years, I'm gonna do it-develop B&W

2 replies to this topic

#1 LightMeter

LightMeter

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2434 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy photography(of course)and I'm a gadget freak, especially if it can be used in photography.

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:53 PM

I've been thinking about giving it a try for awhile, so I'm about to order the developing tank, chemicals, and everything else I need from B&H.There's a local camera store that normally stocks this stuff, but they're in the process of moving. They have been keeping their inventory low for about the past month so that will be less stuff to move to the new location. So I'll get it from B&H. Don't plan on printing, just developing negs. Then "scan" them with a DSLR and macro setup.

Bill

Still shooting DX digital and don't plan on going full frame.

D7100, red D5300, IR converted D300,  D40, D70s, Olympus C-5060 P&S from 2003, and a few 35mm film bodies

"I support capital punishment. Everyone in the capital should be punished".---Fred Sanford(Redd Foxx)

#2 480sparky

480sparky

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1370 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 08:22 PM

Kewl.  Keep us up to date on your progress.

And let us know how you feel when you pull it out of the tank!

Don't mind me..... I'm just out roaming around between Zone II and Zone IX.
Imagination Images of Iowa

#3 LightMeter

LightMeter

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2434 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy photography(of course)and I'm a gadget freak, especially if it can be used in photography.

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:59 PM

I ordered the hardware I needed from B&H-tank thermometer, beakers, and 3 rolls of Ilford FP4. Next week on pay day I'll order the chemicals and 4 or 5 more rolls of film.

Bill

Still shooting DX digital and don't plan on going full frame.

D7100, red D5300, IR converted D300,  D40, D70s, Olympus C-5060 P&S from 2003, and a few 35mm film bodies

"I support capital punishment. Everyone in the capital should be punished".---Fred Sanford(Redd Foxx)

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users