6 replies to this topic

#1 gophillies74

gophillies74

Planet Citizen Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 11:00 AM

Well I slipped up and bought a used D3s. I had planned to either sell my d750 or d3s, whichever moved me less but now I don't want to ditch either. The D3s files just look better to me. I shoot in RAW and somehow the colors from the d3s look a lot better, more vibrant than the 750. I thought maybe the d3s files might look better because my computer is about the same age as a d3s?? just a thought. The D3s focusing seems better than the 750. Apparently there is a ton of new tech in the 750 which is supposed to make it focus faster and better but from my experience the d3s wins in focusing. Also the big bad buffer on the d3S is amazing as well as the 9fps. Where the D750 wins is macro, cropping and printing. Obviously the 24mp allows much cropping to be done as well as macro resolution is phenomenal .The prints that I have done with the D750 look drop dead amazing the prints I have done with the d3s may take some tweaking in post to get them where I want them to be....anyways, that's just an update from the NAS front. Here are some images from a local Hispanic Heritage Festival taken with the D3s and a 70-300 4.5-5.6 .

Attached Files

#2 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20874 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 31 August 2015 - 12:47 PM

Yeeeeeaaa.... I think you made the right choice.  Lovely, vibrant images!!

Congrats.

Signature_Line_V4

#3 james23p

james23p

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23389 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 31 August 2015 - 01:40 PM

Nice series and good call on keeping both.

Jim

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#4 Wheatsack

Wheatsack

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6911 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 01:51 PM

Very nice images ....yes I think the D3s being the more pro body will be the better focusing machine.

Peter................................................ f8....and be there....

#5 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6969 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:47 PM

Nice series.

You DEFINITELY made the right call on keeping both.  :)

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#6 Virgil

Virgil

Galactic Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2042 posts
  • Interests:my family, photography, everything that΄s fast, my Triumph bike

Posted 01 September 2015 - 03:35 AM

Pairing the D750 with a D3s was for sure a good choice (i did something similar by pairing the D3s with a D3x). For me this (or any similar combo) is the perfect setup when i shoot events having the D3s with the 24-70 and the D3x with the 70-200 2.8. Later cropping the D3x images (when needed) to get closer and resizing to the same size of the D3s files is the most flexibel setup for me. Especially at times, when the "extra reach" is unexpectedly needed (in any other case I´d bring the 200-400 anyway).

One Q: How hard is it for you in busy situations to switch from one body to the other as they´re very different in handling?

Nice shots btw - No. 3 is my absolute favorite - thanks for sharing!

Cheers

Virgil

#7 gophillies74

gophillies74

Planet Citizen Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 01 September 2015 - 05:24 PM

Well I haven't had both going in busy situation yet but I do wish the d3s had another way of setting ISO other than the back button. I have my d750 set up so that the video record button operates as an ISO button which is awfully nice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users