#1 Curve_in

Curve_in

Planet Guardian Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • Interests:Hiking, K1100RS, Campagnolo

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:29 AM

I've been giving some thought to trying a bellows. I was thinking it might be fun to have a little indoor studio set-up for the winter. I found a batch of Nikon stuff for about $100 and I was wondering if you think it's worth the 3 hours of driving to buy it.

From Nikon:
Model II bellows
Nikkor-Q auto 1:4 f 200 mm telephoto
Nikkor-H auto 1:2 f 50 mm lens
F close-up No. 2 lens

Unknown Brand
lens reversing ring and a Rowi camera mount.

My thought were to use the bellows with my D7000, the extra stuff I'm not sure if I would use it with my DSLR but I do have a old Nikkormat that is collecting dust.
Kervin
D7000 + D750
SB-28 * SB-600
Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S * Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR * Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8 AIS Manual Focus * Sigma 24mm f/1.8 * Kenko Auto Extension Tube Set
Sony NEX5 + 16/2.8 + 18-55/3.5-5.6

Carsandkites on Flickr

#2 480sparky

480sparky

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1423 posts

Posted 17 October 2014 - 09:42 AM

Any lens (with an aperture ring) can be used on a bellows as there's no electrical or mechanical connection available when the camera is mounted on a bellows.  When shooting macro, you're usually shooting totally manual..... focus, exposure, etc.

The hardest part is controlling the aperture.  Although lenses with rings can be operated manually, at extreme magnifications that can screw up composition and focusing.  Some bellows have aperture controls built into them, others don't so you'll need a BR6.

Edited by 480sparky, 17 October 2014 - 09:43 AM.

Don't mind me..... I'm just out roaming around between Zone II and Zone IX.
Imagination Images of Iowa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users