• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Herman

Herman

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11198 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, flight simulation, computers, nature, photography & travel

Posted 04 March 2021 - 01:59 AM

Interesting read...

Link: https://fstoppers.co...showdown-552967

Herman😀

Equipment: D810 | D300 | D50 | B700 | P5000 | P3700 and some lenses.

Software: Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 + NIK Software Suite

My motto: To learn more today, than I knew yesterday!

#2 JasonTO

JasonTO

Planet Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Interests:Photography Interests: Wildlife, insects, mushrooms, landscapes, murals, sculptures, graffiti, architecture, monuments, cemeteries, abandoned places, crowds, carcasses, etc.

Other interests: Music, reading, art, hiking, archaeology, neuroscience, pseudoscience, DNA, osteology, philosophy, world religions/mythologies, occultism, Icelandic Grimoires, museums, funerary customs around the world, eastern orthodox theology, asceticism, etc.

Posted 09 March 2021 - 10:52 AM

Great read! Thanks for sharing. I agree with some of the AF complaints but there are ways around them. You can pretty much customise everything whether you're using MF or AF.

If there are specific settings you use frequently, there are 3 different User settings you can program and these are accessible on the mode dial [U1, U2, U3]. Thus, you can plan your day before hand (landscape, sports, portrait or whatever). 

I also found that when I used Aperture Priority, the AF settings were saved. Whereas in AUTO, they weren't.

You can customise the i Button and the OK Button.

You can also modify the Control Ring on NIKKOR Z Lenses but I haven't experimented with that yet.

I'm sure there are other ways around this but I'm still learning how everything works.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users