• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21961 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 28 August 2019 - 12:06 AM

Here are some more images from the Superbike Race using the Nikon Z6.

These images got me BOOTED from DD's sight on Facebook, batting 2 boots now!  :lol:  :lol:  The Nazi-Moderators said I had to wait 3 more hours or I had to delete one image.  I guess they must be smoking some Canadian Weed. You can only post 3 images a day there....who knew. :P 

Anyway, I spent over an hour preparing the illegal post and had enough of their petty BS, I am glad they kicked me out. I think the first time I got booted was because I forget to put EXIF data in my post.  The Mods there are really some special breed of  ... OK, leave it at that.  I don't need to play there. But if Brendan, Brandon, Braindead and Jannet, Janice, Janette or however you spell your names are watching, be happy I don't have FB emoji here...

Enjoy the images.

Attached File  Sebastien-Tremblay-6481-Z6.jpg   514.7KB   0 downloads

Attached File  David-MacKay_4931.jpg   513.24KB   0 downloads

Attached File  David-MacKay_Z6_6888.jpg   419.4KB   0 downloads

Each image was taken with the 200-400mm f4G lens, handheld.  I believe the point I was trying to make while things were friendly was the amazing focus capability of the Nikon Z6. These objects are coming at me at oblique angles and some cases, moving away across from me at speed.

The capabilities of the camera are amazing.

Signature_Line_V4

#2 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 15766 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 28 August 2019 - 08:17 AM

Nice set.

I stopped posting there a long time ago.

• Art likes this

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group, NPS member.

Nikon Z7 (My wifes, but I'm allowed to use it once a quarter), Z6, D4, D850, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#3 Jeff

Jeff

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5514 posts
  • Interests:Photography, plastic model cars, darts, drag racing, hiking

Posted 28 August 2019 - 09:39 AM

Nice series! The first in my favorite. Jeff
  • Art likes this
[font=Arial][size=1]
Nikon D300
Nikon D200
18-70 Nikkor 3.5-4.5 G
55-200 Nikkor 4-5.6
105 Micro Nikkor 2.8G VR
SB-600 Speedlight
Manfrotto 055MF4 Tripod
Manfrotto 3130 Pan/Tilt Head
AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300 f/4.5-5.6 G IF-ED
Nikon D810
Nikkor 24-120 AFS F/4G ED VR

#4 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21961 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 28 August 2019 - 09:40 AM

Nice set.

I stopped posting there a long time ago.

Thanks, Dennis.

I don’t post there often. I had a nice discussion going with a couple of people. Spent some time on this post and these two Nazi-Powertripping Mods jump all over me because I post a fourth pic 3 hours too soon!

I made it very easy for them to boot me. I ran into these clowns before.

I am done with that group.
Signature_Line_V4

#5 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21961 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 09:40 AM

Nice series! The first in my favorite. Jeff

Thanks, Jeff.
Signature_Line_V4

#6 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 24071 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 28 August 2019 - 10:26 AM

Argh

Nice Art

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#7 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 24071 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Posted 28 August 2019 - 10:35 AM

You getting booted has me really pissed! All the financial aid and support over the years you have given PN and they booted you.

I know you didnt ask but I just fired off a professional but strongly worded message to Janet who posted a snarky photo limit post.

Got me fired up.

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#8 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7952 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:40 AM

Nice series, Art.

I belong to that group, but have never posted there.  May have to reconsider if it's worth belonging to a group with attitudes like that.  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

• Art likes this
Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#9 Wheatsack

Wheatsack

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7517 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 01:55 PM

Excellent photos Art.... I might have said that before :rolleyes:

• Art likes this

Peter................................................ f8....and be there....

#10 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21961 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 03:34 PM

Thanks, everyone.

Brandon booted me the first time. DD spoke to me about it and said some of the ADMINS are overzealous.  And, he reinstated me.

Janet is just a Nazi A-hole.

I posted an image yesterday describing the Z6 and its abilities to lock on with a super-telephoto like the 800mm f5.6. Some people were keenly interested so I started a second post a day later.

Well, NOT a day later, 19-20 full hours later.  That's when the Nazi's came out... have to wait 24 full hours!  

This is after I carefully spent over an hour finding the right images and putting together a commentary.  So, she REALLY pissed me off with the BS about 24 hours.

When I get pissed, I get obnoxious.  If they are this serious about badgering people with good intentions ... they can kiss my .......

It's not DD, just the NAZI's who have ADMIN privileges and NO life to speak of outside Social Media. :lol:  Can you imagine? I was 4 hours shy of the 24 hour limit! :lol: and they made a stink out of it! 

So, how would I have handled it?  And this is what got my goat up.....

1) Mr Art.... did you read the fine print?  NO, OK, we have a 3 image 24 hour post limit.  

2) Moving forward, please adhere to the rules of the Group, you are now warned.

3) since you are only a few hours short of that rule, we will forgive your first-time transgression and move on.

They just rubbed me the wrong way after I spent the time to make a contribution in good faith.

Two times lucky, I am done with the group of A-holes.

Jim, greatly appreciate you speaking to her.  I would love to give her a piece of my mind, but probably best I cool down.  Still pissed off, more so due to the time wasted looking for nice images to show as examples, formating and getting meta for them.

Signature_Line_V4

#11 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21961 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 03:35 PM

Excellent photos Art.... I might have said that before :rolleyes:

Maybe,  :P but I like hearing it just the same ..... :D 

Thanks, Peter!  ;)

Signature_Line_V4

#12 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21961 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 03:40 PM

I am not the only PN'er to be booted off there.  Robin, one of our former Nikon users and member got booted from there as well.I am not sure I know a more knowledgable, creative and interesting photographer.  Not sure why, but he was PO'ed as well.  This was some time ago, so memory fails me on the details now.  Same MO though .... Nazi Admins.

He has since moved on to Fuji and I am sure, could care less.

Signature_Line_V4

#13 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21961 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 03:45 PM

I know you didnt ask but I just fired off a professional but strongly worded message to Janet who posted a snarky photo limit post.

Got me fired up.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

I saw that 3 finger pic, I was going to send her an image with a few less fingers .... :lol:

meh!  :lol:

Signature_Line_V4

#14 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 24071 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 08:17 PM

She has yet to respond wonder if shes not sure how to respond because I made it known Im the administrator for his site and contributed money as well as you have. Plus I made it known Ive known DD since 2003.

Yes I laid it on.

Robin is absolutely one of the best photographers Ive run across!

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

#15 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21961 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:48 PM

She has yet to respond wonder if shes not sure how to respond because I made it known Im the administrator for his site and contributed money as well as you have. Plus I made it known Ive known DD since 2003.

Yes I laid it on.

Robin is absolutely one of the best photographers Ive run across!

She probably has no idea how to respond or doesn't care.  

Don't worry, I appreciate you standing up for me but attitudes like hers belay a deeper problem in that forum and to be quite honest, good riddance. Forums are supposed to be light-hearted and fun. She is on a different wavelength.

Signature_Line_V4

#16 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 15766 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 29 August 2019 - 08:28 AM

I got spoken to several times. Got booted once.... I'm not sure why I still have that group active on my list. They have their fav members that can do and say whatever they want. I believe that is were a lot of people get their impression of Planet Nikon from. DD should be more concerned, it's his name on that group.

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group, NPS member.

Nikon Z7 (My wifes, but I'm allowed to use it once a quarter), Z6, D4, D850, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#17 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21961 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 09:52 AM

:lol:

I guess getting booted from there is the norm!

I hope people don’t associate us with those clowns. The atmosphere here is so much different. We also don’t have idiotic rules and our methodology for dealing with issues is rational. No comparison.
Signature_Line_V4

#18 justshootit

justshootit

Deep Space Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4343 posts
  • Interests:Event photography, candids, getting photos of people at their best.

Posted 08 September 2019 - 10:13 AM

What a pain in the @$$. This is part of the reason I hate FB - too many computer-geek demigods who spend all their time there and would literally burst into flames if they actually went outside on a sunny day :lol: I got flamed on one group for quoting an idea that some of the members thought was "too simplistic." There'd been enough BS on the group previously that I just dropped it.

This is all the more reason we need to make sure this forum stays up & healthy.
Don
==========================================================
Digital: D610 backed up by a D1x.  Quoted from an unknown source by a fellow planeteer, "Never get rid of a working D1x." I've got to agree.

Film: N90s, F3, F100, F4s, C330s. A few lenses.

Why film photography? I like shooting with the equipment. 6x6 Velvia slides from a C330 have an appeal all their own.

Why automated 35mm/Digital cameras? Event photography is about capturing moments. It often requires quick response. Well done automaton can be your friend or your enemy. It all depends on knowing what it can and can't do. "A man's got to know his (camera's) limitations." paraphrasing Dirty Harry...

#19 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21961 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 08:35 PM

FB can be trying at times, but like any other place, you can pick where you go and simply read the posts or participate.  Because there are more people, and more personalities, you run a greater risk of bumping into the cantankerous! 

I  have yet to have an incident in the PN forum on FB.

Signature_Line_V4

#20 justshootit

justshootit

Deep Space Hero Member

• Members
  • 4343 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:37 PM

Not surprised. The mood follows the crowd.
  • Art likes this
Don
Digital: D610 backed up by a D1x.  Quoted from an unknown source by a fellow planeteer, "Never get rid of a working D1x." I've got to agree.

Why film photography? I like shooting with the equipment. 6x6 Velvia slides from a C330 have an appeal all their own.

Why automated 35mm/Digital cameras? Event photography is about capturing moments. It often requires quick response. Well done automaton can be your friend or your enemy. It all depends on knowing what it can and can't do. "A man's got to know his (camera's) limitations." paraphrasing Dirty Harry...

#21 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 24071 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 07:53 PM

I booted myself!!!! :P
  • Art likes this

Nikon P900 Nikon P330

#22 justshootit

justshootit

Deep Space Hero Member

• Members
  • 4343 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:27 PM

Are ya still sore?? :lol:

Don

#23 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21961 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:22 PM

:lol:

Did it hurt?

Signature_Line_V4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users