• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 photojazz

photojazz

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19544 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photography, , More Photography, More Photography and now the Philadelphia Eagles.

Posted 27 April 2010 - 06:30 AM

My question is......Where are the videos???????? Huh????? Where?????? Please load up one or two of the work that my PlanetNikon family can produce.Posted Image
I am awaiting.........Posted Image

PhotoJazz - Just Capturing Life
PlanetNikon Member 141

Member of the following organizations:

American Society of Media Professionals

Fairmount Photo Club

NYI PhotoWorld Magazine

Photographic Society of Philadelphia

Philadelphia Photo League (PPL)

I photo-shoot with film, digital and medium format cameras, which includes the following:
Nikon D605, D200, F4E, F5, FE2 (Black & Silver), EM
Mamiya C330 Professional, M645 1000s, RB67
Bronica ETRSI

And I have some lenses.

C&C Is Always Welcome!!
New website coming soon!

#2 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Deep Space Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6522 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:45 PM

My question is......Where are the videos???????? Huh????? Where?????? Please load up one or two of the work that my PlanetNikon family can produce.Posted Image
I am awaiting.........Posted Image

You may be waiting for awhile, Jazzer. I don't know how others feel, but I have always felt that video on a DSLR is a bit of a gimmick. I have felt this way since the D90 was introduced. In fact, this belief was a major factor in my choosing the D80.

I guess I'm just too old-school on this. While a guest lecturer at our club showed impressive video from a D3x; and DD had some nice stuff earlier this year, I can't help but feel that if you want good video buy a camcorder.

Mark
Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#3 justshootit

justshootit

Deep Space Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4126 posts
  • Interests:Event photography, candids, getting photos of people at their best.

Posted 27 April 2010 - 05:31 PM

Do iPhone videos count?
Don
==========================================================
Digital: D610 backed up by a D1x.  Quoted from an unknown source by a fellow planeteer, "Never get rid of a working D1x." I've got to agree.

Film: N90s, F3, F100, F4s, C330s. A few lenses.

Why film photography? I like shooting with the equipment. 6x6 Velvia slides from a C330 have an appeal all their own.

Why automated 35mm/Digital cameras? Event photography is about capturing moments. It often requires quick response. Well done automaton can be your friend or your enemy. It all depends on knowing what it can and can't do. "A man's got to know his (camera's) limitations." paraphrasing Dirty Harry...

#4 photojazz

photojazz

• Validating
  • 19544 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photography, , More Photography, More Photography and now the Philadelphia Eagles.

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:50 AM

Do iPhone videos count?

Posted Image Nope sorry. I want to see some of this Nikon stuff..D3, D300s...Posted Image

PlanetNikon Member 141

Fairmount Photo Club

NYI PhotoWorld Magazine

I photo-shoot with film, digital and medium format cameras, which includes the following:
Bronica ETRSI

And I have some lenses.

C&C Is Always Welcome!!
New website coming soon!

#5 photojazz

photojazz

• Validating
  • 19544 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 02:56 AM

You may be waiting for awhile, Jazzer. I don't know how others feel, but I have always felt that video on a DSLR is a bit of a gimmick. I have felt this way since the D90 was introduced. In fact, this belief was a major factor in my choosing the D80.

I guess I'm just too old-school on this. While a guest lecturer at our club showed impressive video from a D3x; and DD had some nice stuff earlier this year, I can't help but feel that if you want good video buy a camcorder.

Mark

I am with u Mark. Having done video stuff for years, my brain/body is programmed to have one video camera for movies and one digi/film slr for still shots. I just wanted to see wht the others are doing with this new thingie.Posted Image

PlanetNikon Member 141

Fairmount Photo Club

NYI PhotoWorld Magazine

Bronica ETRSI

And I have some lenses.

C&C Is Always Welcome!!
New website coming soon!

#6 LKingston

LKingston

Planet Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

Most of these were shot with my Nikon D5100:

MovieTheaterPreshos

There is a little camcorder footage here and there, but it's mostly the D5100. My camcorder was in need of a really expensive lens repair for months, and then when I got it back, it still was broken. In the mean time I've been using the D5100, and once you figure out how to work around it's quirks, it's actually quite nice.

#7 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20116 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:50 AM

Hi LKingston, welcome to PlanetNikon. Those are very impressive advertising spots, well done. When you get a minute, introduce yourself in the "Hello, I just Joined PlanetNikon Forums!". This is a great forum and I am sure the community would like to know you are here! Enjoy! :)

...................... 🎥 Just another Photography buff! 🎥 .....................

|_____________________________________________________|

#8 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20116 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:54 AM

PJ, I am with Mark on this one. I primarily use my D90 for stills. I have used it for Video and did enjoy the experience and was very happy to have the feature when I needed it. But, at the end of the day.... STILLS! :D If I was a videographer or a home movies buff, I could see this being a killer feature that would really excite me. I have never been a home movie buff and that is the kicker. I have a camera with a great feature I will seldom if ever use. Will it come in handy sometimes? You bet. But it isn't my Go-To. I suspect most shutter bugs feel the same way in varying degrees.

#9 photojazz

photojazz

• Validating
  • 19544 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:22 AM

Good words Art. Years ago I was a video guy as I did the video for all of our Fasnet balls. Learning and using Adobe Premire was a passion of mine. My video recorder went kaput and today I don't have one. Stills are my interest but I would like to see what is being produced because I may want to get PhotoConny a NIKON video/dslr.Posted Image

At present she uses her iPhone for everything.Posted Image

PlanetNikon Member 141

Fairmount Photo Club

NYI PhotoWorld Magazine

Bronica ETRSI

And I have some lenses.

C&C Is Always Welcome!!
New website coming soon!

#10 Old Dog New Tricks

Old Dog New Tricks

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8269 posts
  • Interests:Scenic & Nature Photography, Travel, Cooking, Kayaking, Grandson and Granddaughter.

Posted 14 July 2012 - 09:37 AM

I have mentioned before that my video experience was in forensic video enhancement. I have used Premier and am comfortable with the basics. My new D7K has amazing capabilities. I will be shooting some, but want to become more comfortable with the still aspects. Welcome LK OD
Posted Image

"Photography is man's attempt at immortality. To save our memories and share them. The places we have been, the people we have known, the things we have done. To share with others for eternity, or until the images fade away."

Shooting with
Film Nikon N60, N70(2), EM, Mamiya C-330, C-33, RB67
Digital Nikon D7100 D7000, Nikon D200(RIP), Fuji S3Pro(Retired)

#11 photojazz

photojazz

• Validating
  • 19544 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:12 AM

I have mentioned before that my video experience was in forensic video enhancement. I have used Premier and am comfortable with the basics. My new D7K has amazing capabilities. I will be shooting some, but want to become more comfortable with the still aspects.

Welcome LK

OD

Right on.

PlanetNikon Member 141

Fairmount Photo Club

NYI PhotoWorld Magazine

Bronica ETRSI

And I have some lenses.

C&C Is Always Welcome!!
New website coming soon!

#12 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20116 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 10:40 AM

Good words Art. Years ago I was a video guy as I did the video for all of our Fasnet balls. Learning and using Adobe Premire was a passion of mine. My video recorder went kaput and today I don't have one. Stills are my interest but I would like to see what is being produced because I may want to get PhotoConny a NIKON video/dslr.Posted Image

At present she uses her iPhone for everything.Posted Image

PJ,

I would decide first what I want from the purchase. Stills? Get a good DSLR that gives you good pics and has a video feature.

My Nikon S210 takes fine video for me needs and it is/was a very inexpensive camera. Took reasonably good stills to and I can stick it in my shirt pocket!

Food for thought.

Edited by Art, 14 July 2012 - 10:40 AM.

#13 photojazz

photojazz

• Validating
  • 19544 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:08 AM

She is on school break in two weeks and we are going to the photo store and do some testing.

PlanetNikon Member 141

Fairmount Photo Club

NYI PhotoWorld Magazine

Bronica ETRSI

And I have some lenses.

C&C Is Always Welcome!!
New website coming soon!

#14 LKingston

LKingston

Planet Newbie Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

Here's another one shot with the D5100:

I intentionally blurred the first shot a little to get rid of the moiré on the bricks.

Wheelworks ad

#15 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 14648 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

I have not tried the video yet. Not even sure what software to process it. I know lightroom can handle video. One day.

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group

Nikon D4, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#16 photojazz

photojazz

• Validating
  • 19544 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

Do iPhone videos count?

I take the no back...I think mobile phone videos are okay. I will link some iPad videos here.:)

PlanetNikon Member 141

Fairmount Photo Club

NYI PhotoWorld Magazine

Bronica ETRSI

And I have some lenses.

C&C Is Always Welcome!!
New website coming soon!

#17 Jon H.

Jon H.

Deep Space Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4447 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

Until recently, I would have agreed with the statement, "if you want video, get a dedicated video camera." Having now shot a couple production videos with DSLRs (Nikon D7100, Canon 5D, Canon 6D), I can now say that I would NEVER buy a "dedicated" camcorder again. The options for cinematic-style video with DSLR lenses are SO much more accessible than comparable lenses for a dedicated high-end video camera. I've used wireless mics plugged directly into the camera for interview footage, and will be trying separate audio recording with the ZOOM H4N recorder on the next one. (Better preamp than the cameras have). I think I've already linked to the Mercedes 300 SL video, but here it is again: And this is one we just finished for a medical device for peripheral neuropathy, shooting with a pair of Canon DSLRs (5D and 6D mark something or other): I'm starting to get more requests for business / corporate video. Adding it to my business model. J
Jon Haverstick
Southern CA, USA
Portraiture, Wedding, Product, Stage, Real Estate, Corporate, Annual Report, Sports, Event, Special Projects
Photoshop, Lightroom, and Photography Instruction

Website / Blog / Portfolio: www.jonhaverstickstudio.com
Email: jon@jonhaverstickstudio.com

Founding Photographer: Smiles Across The Miles - "Focusing on the Those Who Serve" Pro bono professional portraiture for military personnel and their families.

Publisher: Senior Portraits, Headshots, Two Hearts:One Love, and With this Ring Magazines: http://magcloud.com/.../jchphotography

Professional Memberships:
  • NAPP (National Association of Photoshop Professionals)
  • WPPI (Wedding and Portrait Photographers International)
  • SPS (Student Photographic Society): Educator
  • Nikon Professional Services

#18 photojazz

photojazz

• Validating
  • 19544 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 09:10 PM

Not fancy or even well caught but on Saturday I was having fun during our snowshower. I grabbed the iPaddy and grabbed these two vids as I want to begin reading up on this next step of photogie.

PlanetNikon Member 141

Fairmount Photo Club

NYI PhotoWorld Magazine

Bronica ETRSI

And I have some lenses.

C&C Is Always Welcome!!
New website coming soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users