7 replies to this topic

#1 Jonathan

Jonathan

Planet Basic Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

Ok, I am the first to admit that I am not a high tech guy. Most of my medium and large format photography is done manually. My F3 Nikon is always in manual or aperture priority and I use all my later (F4 F5) Nikons in aperture priority mode. I will use my D2h in aperture priority mode. I like to keep things simple. So now I have my first digital camera that takes a compact flash card, and I am confused because there are so many different cards to choose from.1GB , 2GB , and then the MB choices are insane. I read somewhere that some cards will not work in certain cameras. Is there an easy , simple , common sense approach to choosing a card?

#2 Guest_chaswes5_*

Guest_chaswes5_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

Here you go: https://support.niko... card/search/1

#3 Jonathan

Jonathan

Planet Basic Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

Here you go:

https://support.niko... card/search/1

Thanks

#4 Gary Worrall

Gary Worrall

Deep Space Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6688 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

What camera are the CF cards for? The reason I ask is picking a suitable size for the type of shooting and also how many mp you have

- I have a photographic memory but never got it developed -

#5 justshootit

justshootit

Deep Space Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4310 posts
  • Interests:Event photography, candids, getting photos of people at their best.

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:02 AM

Be careful as the latest cards won't necessarily work in the older cameras. Make sure the card meets the specifications for the camera. Don
Don
==========================================================
Digital: D610 backed up by a D1x.  Quoted from an unknown source by a fellow planeteer, "Never get rid of a working D1x." I've got to agree.

Film: N90s, F3, F100, F4s, C330s. A few lenses.

Why film photography? I like shooting with the equipment. 6x6 Velvia slides from a C330 have an appeal all their own.

Why automated 35mm/Digital cameras? Event photography is about capturing moments. It often requires quick response. Well done automaton can be your friend or your enemy. It all depends on knowing what it can and can't do. "A man's got to know his (camera's) limitations." paraphrasing Dirty Harry...

#6 Jonathan

Jonathan

Planet Basic Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

My camera is a Nikon D2h. Over the weekend, my friend let me use his D1h camera and I tried to use the D1h with the card I have for my D2h, but it would not work. The camera sent a code saying the card would not work in that camera.I thought any flashcard would work in any camera. I want to make sure that i get the correct card for the D2h. I want a new card. The card that came with the camera looks pretty beat up.

#7 Guest_chaswes5_*

Guest_chaswes5_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

[quote name='Jonathan' timestamp='1372712904' post='137952']
My camera is a Nikon D2h. Over the weekend, my friend let me use his D1h camera and I tried to use the D1h with the card I have for my D2h, but it would not work. The camera sent a code saying the card would not work in that camera.I thought any flashcard would work in any camera. I want to make sure that i get the correct card for the D2h. I want a new card. The card that came with the camera looks pretty beat up.
[/quote

Once again, this link tells you which will work (Recommended). If you are unsure about which one you need pick from this list. There are other brands that will work with your camera, but.........

https://support.niko...20card/search/1

#8 Jonathan

Jonathan

Planet Basic Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

I hear ya. I made a copy of the list. I'm taking it along with me when I go to the store.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users