• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21937 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:15 PM

Photodiox is having a sale! 25% off all accessories and free shipping to CANADA too!! You have to use this code: 25FREE Their website is here: www.fotodioxpro.com

Edited by Art, 15 December 2012 - 11:31 AM.

Signature_Line_V4

#2 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21937 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:36 PM

Quick Update: I ordered a little over $200 from Photodiox. I had to CALL IT IN. The website shopping cart wouldn't work for me. They did take the order over the phone. I got: 60x60x60" 2 POLARIZER filters (hey, I know they are cheap glass but the price was too good to pass up) :lol: Flash Softbox for my flash and remote flash triggers $137 to my door. I thought this was a very good deal. Probably cost me $40 for UPS to deliver it plus tax. Still a good deal. The post office would have charged me $30 less. Their stuff isn't high end, but I have not been disappointed with anything I have bought from them. I thought this was a good special. If you are in the USA, you don't need to worry about UPS or brokerage. You just get the free shipping and the special.
Signature_Line_V4

#3 winclk

winclk

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1948 posts
  • Interests:Photography and Grandkids

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Art...which remote flash triggers did you order?
Robin

Amateur Photographer--Hoping to upgrade my status one day

#4 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21937 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

Robin, This one x 2: Aputure Trigmaster Plus, 2.4GHz Radio Remote Flash Trigger and Shutter Cable Release, fits Nikon D1, D1H, D1X, D2H, D2X, D2Hs, D2Xs, D3, D3X, D3s, D4, D200, D300, D300S, D700, D800, D800E, and SB-600, 700, 800, 900, 910 I went for the $65 Off $200 dollars rather than the 25% off.
Signature_Line_V4

#5 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21937 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

Everything came in, at a glance, it looks great. It arrived at the door, no extra fees!!! I was delighted with that. I knew the light tent would be big, and it is! The remote flash triggers look pretty cool, starting to feel like I am a pro with all this gear I am accumulating! :lol:
Signature_Line_V4

#6 winclk

winclk

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1948 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

Art...have you had a chance to use the flash triggers yet? I could use a review on them. :). Also what flash or flashes are you using the triggers with.

Edited by winclk, 26 December 2012 - 09:28 PM.

Robin

#7 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21937 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Robin, No. They have been very disappointing. They don't work. I have a second call into Service to see if they can exchange or refund. I have not forgotten about you. I will update you when this is all done. I have read similar reviews online of people who bought these and experienced initial grief. Others have not. So, I figured I would give them a go. I am going to call them again tomorrow and see what is up with the replacement.
Signature_Line_V4

#8 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21937 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Robin, I got through to fotodiox customer service. They are sending out replacements next week. They would have sent them today but I asked them to test the ones they are sending before they send them. I should have these by the middle/end of next week and I will post an update. I had ZERO issues with customer service so, so far so good. I don't get too excited when a product fails on delivery, it happens. I only get excited if Customer Service gives me grief. They were total pros, both with their tech support, who tried to help me out on the phone last week, and today, with the Customer Service rep. I will report back when I get the replacements. I will also post some pics of the gear I picked up so you can see what they look like and I will comment further when I get to use them.

Edited by Art, 04 January 2013 - 08:39 PM.

Signature_Line_V4

#9 winclk

winclk

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1948 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

Art...thanks for the update. I ended up buying the Phottix Strato II instead. Just received them today and haven't used them yet. Waiting on a SB700 to be delivered. I started to buy the new Phottix Odin but I want to use my flash in manual mode since I am just learning. I will only be using the flash at my house right now.
Robin

#10 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21937 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:22 PM

Great! Let me know how yours work out when the flash arrives. We will probably both be in business around the same time.
Signature_Line_V4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users