#1 Jon H.

Jon H.

Deep Space Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4447 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:21 PM

Hi Friends,

Last Sunday, I photographed a wedding for a couple who are 69 and 70 years of age. They met about 50 years ago in college, dated, and for reasons neither can quite recall, went their separate ways. Life happened.

The media has got hold of their story.

Yesterday, The Huffington Post called for photos. Today, I got a call from Good Morning America asking for photos to go along with THEIR story on Terry and Emilie's wedding! It appears EVERYONE loves a good love story!

Lots more processing to do, but here are a few favorites:

Attached File  Danielson-Britton Wedding-JCHP-6375_iPad.jpg   473.13KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Danielson-Britton Wedding-JCHP-5899_iPad.jpg   526.53KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Danielson-Britton Wedding-JCHP-5933_iPad.jpg   373.76KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Danielson-Britton Wedding-JCHP-5823_iPad.jpg   266.31KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Danielson-Britton Wedding-JCHP-6041_iPad.jpg   362.19KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Danielson-Britton Wedding-JCHP-6505.jpg   405.8KB   0 downloads

Attached File  Danielson-Britton Wedding-JCHP-6549_iPad.jpg   385.81KB   0 downloads

Thanks for looking!

J

Jon Haverstick
Southern CA, USA
Portraiture, Wedding, Product, Stage, Real Estate, Corporate, Annual Report, Sports, Event, Special Projects
Photoshop, Lightroom, and Photography Instruction

Website / Blog / Portfolio: www.jonhaverstickstudio.com
Email: jon@jonhaverstickstudio.com

Founding Photographer: Smiles Across The Miles - "Focusing on the Those Who Serve" Pro bono professional portraiture for military personnel and their families.

Publisher: Senior Portraits, Headshots, Two Hearts:One Love, and With this Ring Magazines: http://magcloud.com/.../jchphotography

Professional Memberships:
  • NAPP (National Association of Photoshop Professionals)
  • WPPI (Wedding and Portrait Photographers International)
  • SPS (Student Photographic Society): Educator
  • Nikon Professional Services

#2 photojazz

photojazz

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19349 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photography, , More Photography, More Photography and now the Philadelphia Eagles.

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:22 PM

Looking good, the persons and your captures.:)

PhotoJazz - Just Capturing Life
PlanetNikon Member 141

Member of the following organizations:

American Society of Media Professionals

Fairmount Photo Club

NYI PhotoWorld Magazine

Photographic Society of Philadelphia

Philadelphia Photo League (PPL)

I photo-shoot with film, digital and medium format cameras, which includes the following:
Nikon D605, D200, F4E, F5, FE2 (Black & Silver), EM
Mamiya C330 Professional, M645 1000s, RB67
Bronica ETRSI

And I have some lenses.

C&C Is Always Welcome!!
New website coming soon!

#3 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19587 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:20 PM

Great images, Jon. Captures the moment well. Good for them!! B) Congrats on the calls from the Media.

Edited by Art, 13 November 2012 - 11:21 PM.

...................... 🎥 Just another Photography buff! 🎥 .....................

|_____________________________________________________|

#4 Old Dog New Tricks

Old Dog New Tricks

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8230 posts
  • Interests:Scenic & Nature Photography, Travel, Cooking, Kayaking, Grandson and Granddaughter.

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:31 AM

What a great story and what a great opportunity for exposure of your work. Cliff Oh yea, great pictures.
Posted Image

"Photography is man's attempt at immortality. To save our memories and share them. The places we have been, the people we have known, the things we have done. To share with others for eternity, or until the images fade away."

Shooting with
Film Nikon N60, N70(2), EM, Mamiya C-330, C-33, RB67
Digital Nikon D7100 D7000, Nikon D200(RIP), Fuji S3Pro(Retired)

#5 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 14339 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 14 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

What can I say that has not already been said. I just love #6, they are all good, but I think #6, you captured the soul. Congats as well!

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group

Nikon D4, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#6 tlsmith1000

tlsmith1000

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1302 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

I just read the "Good Morning America" article. That is the sweetest thing I've heard in ages, it brought a tear to my eye. What a wonderful couple and a beautiful story. Great work on the images. Besides your impeccable image captures, I'm always impressed with your timing for capturing perfect expressions.
Terry

http://www.flickr.co..._bone_photos/

When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.
- attributed to Mark Twain

#7 Donna

Donna

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2410 posts
  • Interests:Photography, gardening, reading, knitting, cooking/baking, exploration with my family..

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:17 PM

What a great story! I really love the second one. The colors and lighting are fantastic. And I also like #6. Great job!
I'm shooting with the D7100 and D60 as my back up.

AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G
AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
AF-S Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED
Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6
Tiffen UV Protector
Tiffen Circular Polarizer

#8 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19587 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 14 November 2012 - 08:36 PM

Here is the link to the HUFFINGTON POST article, very cool story! http://www.huffingto...?ir=Los Angeles I like the last picture. I remember my wife specifically saying to me, "If I wanted to have the shortest wedding on record, do something silly like smearing the wedding cake in her face!" No sir, no food fights at our nuptials! :lol: These two are partiers! Funny how some things all work out. I wonder how they feel and if there is some remorse for all the lost years? Or, just happy that it has finally happened. I want to know which one of them told Huff about the "like crazy" stuff!?! :lol: My bet is Terry let that one "slip"!

Edited by Art, 14 November 2012 - 08:37 PM.

...................... 🎥 Just another Photography buff! 🎥 .....................

|_____________________________________________________|

#9 fotofill

fotofill

Galactic Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3200 posts
  • Interests:I have been blessed to have a wonderful family that permits my activities doing photojournalism.

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:18 AM

2 and 5 nice work Jon. It's all about the light.
Sports and photojournalism
http://www.fotofill.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users