• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Art

Art

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21961 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:41 AM

https://www.digitalc...saWR5pf8WQbSV4w

The rumor mill is starting to get hotter on these new, bigger, fancier and most likely very expensive new mirrorless cameras!

To be honest, I can hardly wait to see what they announce next.  After trying the Z6, I am very enthusiastic about what Nikon is doing.

Signature_Line_V4

#2 Herman

Herman

• Moderators
  • 10726 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, flight simulation, computers, nature, photography & travel

Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:48 AM

Art, I was watching this video yesterday and thought it may be of interest...

Link: https://youtu.be/xLCJVJWBGxE

😃 PS. I've gone mirrorless too... got myself a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 😁

Equipment: D810 | D300 | D50 | B700 | P5000 and some lenses.

Software: Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 + NIK Software Suite

My motto: To learn more today, than I knew yesterday!

#3 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7949 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:42 AM

Nikon Rumours had something to say about this.  I think he's more than a bit sceptical.

https://nikonrumors....gn-patent.aspx/

I'll get excited when it's announced.

My own view is that while Nikon may have been late to the "mirrorless party", they seem to be working hard, to get it right.  :)

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#4 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 15766 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:10 PM

I'm not sure if there will be another Z camera as people are expecting. 60+meg and all.

These are what Nikon is targeting from my crystal ball.

/Begin crystal ball.

2020 Olympics. Nikon needs to have a showing on the home turf. So, that means the D6 DSLR. There was a rumor of a Z body that has the guts of the D5. That is more believable and would be inline for the Olympics. For site seeing, Z6/7 is out there. Perhaps a new firmware to the Z fixing the AF and adding some options.

I think, that if Nikon want's to compete in with the 60+meg sensor, it needs to work on the eye AF to include animals/people, better tracking. If sony has an edge, it is still there. Note also that the A9 doesn't have issues with viewfinder refresh, something sports folks want.

DX Z camera and pixel wars isn't in the works, but 2020 is all about sports. That will be the priority. August is not that far away for pro's to get used to a Z body to shoot with. Sony will be there with A9's, canon will be there with DSLR, and the crystal ball seems to think that Nikon will be there with both.

/End crystal ball.

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group, NPS member.

Nikon Z7 (My wifes, but I'm allowed to use it once a quarter), Z6, D4, D850, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#5 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21961 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 20 August 2019 - 10:42 PM

Well, I will put my two worthless cents in as well.  What do I know?  I am just guessing anyway.

Like Dennis, I think a D6 will be in the works and this could very well be the last DSLR. I think they will up the MP on it and the buffer and the FPS rate so your jaw drops.  And, you will faint at the price as well.

I do believe they will introduce a Z camera like a 9, in the coming months. Like Dennis, I think the 2020 Olympics is key for marketing and optics in the industry, so they have to be there.  Maybe 60mp, maybe not.  I don't think this is necessary anymore.  The MP war, in my opinion, is over.  The files are simply too big now.  So, who cares.

I do believe things like eye recognition, AF, FPS, big buffers, big batteries, and nice grips are extremely important in the next wave of Z cameras.  Some upgrades to in-camera image stabilization are also expected.  I think it still needs some worth with really long lenses. 

I think we might hear something by the end of the year simply because they never deliver anything when they announce.  So, a 2019 announcement late in the year, and delivery to Nikon Professionals in time for the Olympics in 2020.

A comment on Nikon just jumping into the game seriously..... Hi-Tech is a very fickle industry.  Just because you are first and you have the lead, doesn't mean much.  It all comes down to how determined and how rich your competitor is.  If Nikon is resolute enough to make the big investment, and I believe they are, they will be back in the game in a serious way.  I like the Z line.  In fact, I am very impressed by it.

Having used the gear for almost a week, I am very impressed by the feel and performance. Their road map is solid and I believe they will do well with it baring some stupid decisions we can't anticipate.

I also agree with Dennis that 2020 will be all about sports, so everything to capture fast-moving subjects will be the focus of the industry/Nikon at the very least.

Signature_Line_V4

#6 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7949 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 21 August 2019 - 11:13 AM

I understand that there is no Photokina this year, so the next big trade show is CES in Las Vegas, early next year.  No?  Corrections on this welcome.  :)

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#7 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 21961 posts

Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:22 AM

I understand that there is no Photokina this year, so the next big trade show is CES in Las Vegas, early next year.  No?  Corrections on this welcome.  :)

I used to go to CES for years, it is typically in January.  Massive show. It is conceivable an announcement could come from Vegas.

Signature_Line_V4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users