The PlanetNikon Photographer
With acknowledgement to PN Member CaseyJM, who first posted we should do a book! I was inspired by the concept, but I considered a book to be too ambitious for the moment. I spoke with Jim, and other members of the Admin and Moderating Team as well as Jim speaking with Darrell Young.
We all agreed to give this publication a try. E-Publication!
The purpose of this project is as follows:
1) To make you all FAMOUS! I think we have an amazing group of talented people here and my hope is to use this publication to market you, and to market our wonderful forum. We have so many talented people posting some amazing images on PN, it would seem a shame not to spread the love around the internet.
2) To market the Forum. This will be a first for Photography Aficionado forums, as far as I know. I have no idea of any other forum that publishes anything to showcase their talent! The hope is, we draw talented people to our forum who will want to contribute and make this place even better.
3) Have some fun doing it. We don't know if we will do 1 issue, 5 issues or 1000 issues but I hope to do 1,000 or more.
36-48 pages, or more. Once the format is down, it should not be that hard. The first one will be the hardest. After that, it sets the template and we should be off to the races.
4) We will publish in PDF format and try to keep it under 100mb.
5) FACEBOOK will be a good place to start to give it away free to anyone who joins the PlanetNikon Photographer Forum. You can download there, but you CANNOT SUBMIT IMAGES unless you are a member in good standing here!
See the pinned post for rules.
6) Have some fun and bring excitement to the community here! A change of pace from the regular, which is a blast, but this should energize us even more! Everyone loves a good project.
So, please use this forum to discuss anything you like about the concept and the first issue. I will open other folders for image submission consideration and any other folder we may need. Each issue will have its own folder.
My suggestion, read the PINNED POST first.... then comment here. A lot of simple questions may be answered there and we can get right down to brass tacks here. I am happy to answer ALL QUESTIONS, so please ask, participate and ......
LET THE PARTY BEGIN!
Issue#1_Cover.jpg 381.3KB 0 downloads