Photo

Are there any NPS (Nikon Professional Services) members here?....

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 gregc

gregc

Planet Guardian Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Competitive Target Shooting, Field Target - Rifle, PFT - Pistol Field Target, Indoor Silhouette, Cooking, Adult AirGuns, Computers, Martial Arts.

Posted 19 March 2016 - 10:47 AM

I am wanting to become a member, and will be needing a sponsor(s). Would any of you that happen to be member be willing to sponsor me?

SOME OF WHAT'S In MY GEAR BAGS

Nikon D3 bodies X 2 (two) and One (1) D3s fitted with leather grips
Mamiya 645 with Lenses| Bellows | glass filters
Minolta 9000s with motor drives (part of my old film-based gear)
Cambo Legend 4"x5" kit (Lenses | bag bellows | loupe | Sheet film holders..etc.)
Sony HVR-Z7U HDV Camcorder & DCR-DVD D650 HandyCam (just in case)

Nikon Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8 f2.8 AF-S G ED VR Nikon Nikkor AF-S G IF-ED VR 300 mm F/2.8G VR IF G ED| AF Fisheye Nikkor 10.5mm f2.8 G ED | Nikkor AF-S 24-70mm|Nikon calls this the AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED | Fotodiox Pro Nikon Large Format 4x5 Adapter Minolta Flash Meter IV and Flash Meter III with various diffusers and a 5 degree spot meter attachment | Bogen 3051 tripod with 3047 HD 3-way head | Manfrotto 679B Monopod | BEIKE BK-45 Gimbal Head Neewer 110CM 43" 5-in-1 Collapsible Multi-Disc Reflectors (2) | Opteka RH-42 Reflector Holders (2) | Paul C Buff 22" Silver Beauty Dish & Diffuser | Photoflex medium and large Multi-Domes | Fotodiox 12"x 80" Strip Boxes with Egg Crates (2) | Shoot & DSLR Kit Wireless Flash Triggers | Zeikos White Balance Card Trio (white, black and 18%) | Calumet 32" and 44" Umbrellas (2 sets) | 5 White Lighting (P.Buff) Ultras with grids | barn doors | light stands | background stand | various seamless papers | Bogen 3085 Boom arms (2) | OCF: Nikon SB800 | Electronic and Manual Cable Releases | Tamarac MXS536801 & MXS536901 Memory/battery management wallets | 8-10 SanDisk CF Cards | Background Projector Box with patterns | HP Laptop (carried to location in camera case) | Calumet Pro Series RC1188 Rolling Camera Case | Cleaning kit | Muslin clamps | Color Gels | USB Cables | Lots of other stuff to keep this list shorter

#2 Dennis

Dennis

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14342 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 19 March 2016 - 11:00 AM

There are a few here, I'm just not one of them yet.

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group

Nikon D4, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#3 fotofill

fotofill

Galactic Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3200 posts
  • Interests:I have been blessed to have a wonderful family that permits my activities doing photojournalism.

Posted 20 March 2016 - 10:26 PM

You need to check the latest Nikon list of gear on the NPS site.

Sports and photojournalism
http://www.fotofill.net

#4 gregc

gregc

Planet Guardian Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Competitive Target Shooting, Field Target - Rifle, PFT - Pistol Field Target, Indoor Silhouette, Cooking, Adult AirGuns, Computers, Martial Arts.

Posted 21 March 2016 - 01:34 AM

There are a few here, I'm just not one of them yet.

Thanks much!!

Cambo Legend 4"x5" kit (Lenses | bag bellows | loupe | Sheet film holders..etc.)

Nikon Nikkor 70-200 f/2.8 f2.8 AF-S G ED VR Nikon Nikkor AF-S G IF-ED VR 300 mm F/2.8G VR IF G ED| AF Fisheye Nikkor 10.5mm f2.8 G ED | Nikkor AF-S 24-70mm|Nikon calls this the AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED | Fotodiox Pro Nikon Large Format 4x5 Adapter Minolta Flash Meter IV and Flash Meter III with various diffusers and a 5 degree spot meter attachment | Bogen 3051 tripod with 3047 HD 3-way head | Manfrotto 679B Monopod | BEIKE BK-45 Gimbal Head Neewer 110CM 43" 5-in-1 Collapsible Multi-Disc Reflectors (2) | Opteka RH-42 Reflector Holders (2) | Paul C Buff 22" Silver Beauty Dish & Diffuser | Photoflex medium and large Multi-Domes | Fotodiox 12"x 80" Strip Boxes with Egg Crates (2) | Shoot & DSLR Kit Wireless Flash Triggers | Zeikos White Balance Card Trio (white, black and 18%) | Calumet 32" and 44" Umbrellas (2 sets) | 5 White Lighting (P.Buff) Ultras with grids | barn doors | light stands | background stand | various seamless papers | Bogen 3085 Boom arms (2) | OCF: Nikon SB800 | Electronic and Manual Cable Releases | Tamarac MXS536801 & MXS536901 Memory/battery management wallets | 8-10 SanDisk CF Cards | Background Projector Box with patterns | HP Laptop (carried to location in camera case) | Calumet Pro Series RC1188 Rolling Camera Case | Cleaning kit | Muslin clamps | Color Gels | USB Cables | Lots of other stuff to keep this list shorter

#5 gregc

gregc

Planet Guardian Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 01:35 AM

You need to check the latest Nikon list of gear on the NPS site.

I qualify  easily .. I only shoot Pro Nikon gear!!

Thanks much!! Are you NPS?

Edited by gregc, 21 March 2016 - 01:38 AM.

#6 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19589 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:11 PM

I qualify  easily .. I only shoot Pro Nikon gear!!

Thanks much!! Are you NPS?

JUST having Nikon gear isn't enough... well, for my area, anyway.  Receipts for your purchases have to be shown and, sometimes, they will have a time limit on when the purchase was made.  Read the fine print.  May save you some grief.

...................... 🎥 Just another Photography buff! 🎥 .....................

|_____________________________________________________|

#7 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 14342 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 12:18 PM

I think if you start the process, it will tell you what you need. For example, you need a UPS account.

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.

#8 gregc

gregc

Planet Guardian Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 02:44 PM

JUST having Nikon gear isn't enough... well, for my area, anyway.  Receipts for your purchases have to be shown and, sometimes, they will have a time limit on when the purchase was made.  Read the fine print.  May save you some grief.

I think if you start the process, it will tell you what you need. For example, you need a UPS account.

Art I think you misunderstood my response to your question. As far as gear ownership goes I meet that criteria. And last I checked I purchased everything. So far all I have seen is what the new site showed me as a follow to my filling out their application.

So thanks for letting me know about the jump thru hoops portion. With that said listed was that I need a sponsor. I thought this is a good place to ask but then again looks like not considering the lack of responses.

#9 gregc

gregc

Planet Guardian Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 02:48 PM

Dennis thanks a million for the reply. A UPS act hasn't been mentioned yet but would not be an issue.

#10 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 14342 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 02:51 PM

Yeah, I'm sorry, I did most of the steps. I even have an UPS account. But, they wanted prof of what I sell back then. One day, I might go for it again.

Thanks, Dennis.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.

#11 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 22574 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 21 March 2016 - 03:23 PM

Greg I think we only have 3 members who are NPS and Phil(fotophil) is one of them he asked if you meet the gear requirements. I would PM him so you can discuses it with him directly.

Jim

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

D700 w/MB-D10, D605 w/MB-D14, D200 w/MB-D200, D50, Coolpix P330.

Nikon 1 stuff: Nikon V1, Nikkor 10mm f2.8 pancake w/HN-N101 & HC-N101, Nikkor 10-30mm f3.5-5.6 w/HB-N101 Aspherical VR,, Nikkor 18.5mm f1.8 w/HB-N104, Nikon 1 FT-1, SB-N5 w/Polaroid Diffuser .

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D, Nikkor 18-35 f3.5-4.5 AF-D ED.

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Sigma 24-70 f2.8 EX DG HSM, Tamron's SP 70-200 f2.8 LD Di IF/Macro BIM, Kenko Pro 300 1.4 TC DGX, Tokina 100 f2.8D Macro At-X.

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#12 gregc

gregc

Planet Guardian Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:03 PM

Yeah, I'm sorry, I did most of the steps. I even have an UPS account. But, they wanted prof of what I sell back then. One day, I might go for it again.

Hi Dennis, 

I think I see a pattern where Nikon doesn't seem to give you a complete listing at the point you open and application.I have no idea, but they did say they would get back with me. So looks like the intial process is maybe trimmed down a bit.

Thanks for the info

#13 gregc

gregc

Planet Guardian Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 05:05 PM

Greg I think we only have 3 members who are NPS and Phil(fotophil) is one of them he asked if you meet the gear requirements. I would PM him so you can discuses it with him directly.

Jim

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the tip. He will know exactly what is required i would imagine as you suggest.

Thanks again!!

#14 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 22574 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 22 March 2016 - 06:44 PM

Your welcome Greg hope things work out.

Jim

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

D700 w/MB-D10, D605 w/MB-D14, D200 w/MB-D200, D50, Coolpix P330.

Nikon 1 stuff: Nikon V1, Nikkor 10mm f2.8 pancake w/HN-N101 & HC-N101, Nikkor 10-30mm f3.5-5.6 w/HB-N101 Aspherical VR,, Nikkor 18.5mm f1.8 w/HB-N104, Nikon 1 FT-1, SB-N5 w/Polaroid Diffuser .

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D, Nikkor 18-35 f3.5-4.5 AF-D ED.

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Sigma 24-70 f2.8 EX DG HSM, Tamron's SP 70-200 f2.8 LD Di IF/Macro BIM, Kenko Pro 300 1.4 TC DGX, Tokina 100 f2.8D Macro At-X.

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#15 fotofill

fotofill

Galactic Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3200 posts
  • Interests:I have been blessed to have a wonderful family that permits my activities doing photojournalism.

Posted 23 March 2016 - 11:44 PM

• They sometimes ask for proof of publication to prove you are full time photographer. I gave them my website and the names of the Gannett media outlets for whom I work for on a regular basis. I guess that was enough. Sometimes they ask for current tear sheets.
  • Where is you work published?

Sports and photojournalism
http://www.fotofill.net

#16 gregc

gregc

Planet Guardian Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:26 AM

• They sometimes ask for proof of publication to prove you are full time photographer. I gave them my website and the names of the Gannett media outlets for whom I work for on a regular basis. I guess that was enough. Sometimes they ask for current tear sheets.
  • Where is you work published?

I have been published works with a news outlet  as a contributor to the sports pages. The last few years I have fill the role of Team photographer for a High School girl's basketball program. I have also working relationship with Team First based out of Texas.  Then there is my website that is current and functional. I also have a retail sales history. Seems like that are lots of items that are not discussed at the point a person take a look into the NPS program for Nikon. I have also had published work in Builder's and Architect Magazine.

Thanks for the insite

Edited by gregc, 24 March 2016 - 06:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users