• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 LightMeter

LightMeter

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2773 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy photography(of course)and I'm a gadget freak, especially if it can be used in photography.

Posted 07 October 2019 - 10:35 PM

l've been wanting to shoot some mall pics since malls are closing down these days. A cold front came in today so the weather was nice to get out. The high temp was 82F.Canon M50, 15-45mm kit lens. Wish l had some extra cash so l could have bought the blue Astros hat!

Attached Files

Edited by LightMeter, 07 October 2019 - 10:36 PM.

Bill

Still shooting DX digital and don't plan on going full frame.

D7100, D7000, D40, Canon M50, and a few 35mm film bodies

"I support capital punishment. Everyone in the capital should be punished".---Fred Sanford(Redd Foxx)

#2 LightMeter

LightMeter

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2773 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy photography(of course)and I'm a gadget freak, especially if it can be used in photography.

Posted 07 October 2019 - 10:41 PM

My Honda in the parking lot.

Attached Files

• Art likes this

Bill

"I support capital punishment. Everyone in the capital should be punished".---Fred Sanford(Redd Foxx)

#3 LightMeter

LightMeter

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2773 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 11:58 PM

How could l forget this one?

Attached Files

• Art likes this

Bill

#4 Wheatsack

Wheatsack

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7575 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 01:56 AM

Great series Bill... why are 'malls closing' these days... absolutely thriving this side of the world ???

Peter................................................ f8....and be there....

#5 LightMeter

LightMeter

Galactic Hero Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2773 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 02:46 AM

Great series Bill... why are 'malls closing' these days... absolutely thriving this side of the world ???

Because many people shop online and at big box stores such as Best Buy and Wal Mart.

Bill

#6 Herman

Herman

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10801 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, flight simulation, computers, nature, photography & travel

Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:21 AM

Very nice series, Bill. Am surprised to hear malls are closing down.
Back in the days that I resided in South Africa, malls were springing up all over the place. The one more fancy than the other.
Here in The Netherlands, they are building the country's largest mall just a stone throw away from where I live. Opening in 2020. It will be appropriately named, " The Mall of The Netherlands ".  Will take some shots when completed...
Is the Galleria in Houston still a success? I visited the place during my involvement with the Aramco Services Company.

Equipment: D810 | D300 | D50 | B700 | P5000 and some lenses.

Software: Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 + NIK Software Suite

My motto: To learn more today, than I knew yesterday!

#7 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • 8044 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 08 October 2019 - 12:41 PM

Nice series, Bill.

Malls closing?  Not here.  Both Best Buy and Wal Mart are major tenants in Greater Vancouver malls.  However, as stores in malls close, malls may be planning to move away from retail, with more service outlets (i.e. pharmacies, medical clinics, opticians, etc.).  One nearby mall is eliminating most it's covered parking.  It will be replaced by high-rise condos.  :)

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

#8 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 22136 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 12 October 2019 - 05:52 AM

Nice series, Bill.

As far as I can tell, malls are still very busy here. Some companies, thrive, others not so sure.

Hudsons Bay Company I am not so sure of. I think they lost $1.6 Billion last quarter. Yes, with a B!!!! Billion.
Signature_Line_V4

#9 Herman

Herman

• Moderators
  • 10801 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, flight simulation, computers, nature, photography & travel

Posted 12 October 2019 - 07:26 AM

Nice series, Bill.
As far as I can tell, malls are still very busy here. Some companies, thrive, others not so sure.
Hudsons Bay Company I am not so sure of. I think they lost $1.6 Billion last quarter. Yes, with a B!!!! Billion.

Art, Hudsons Bay co. Here in The Netherlands was / is a complete fiasco. They were planning on opening some 70 stores. Their philosphy was way too upmarket and frankly, I visited their store in The Hague and walked straight out never to return. Their product pricing was way off that what the average person was willing to pay. The result- the Hudson Bay Co. will withdraw completely from The Netherlands at the end of this year!

😯

Equipment: D810 | D300 | D50 | B700 | P5000 and some lenses.

Software: Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 + NIK Software Suite

My motto: To learn more today, than I knew yesterday!

#10 Sailjunkie

Sailjunkie

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • 8044 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Sailing, Listening to Jazz, Reading

Posted 12 October 2019 - 04:34 PM

Art, Hudsons Bay co. Here in The Netherlands was / is a complete fiasco. They were planning on opening some 70 stores. Their philosphy was way too upmarket and frankly, I visited their store in The Hague and walked straight out never to return. Their product pricing was way off that what the average person was willing to pay. The result- the Hudson Bay Co. will withdraw completely from The Netherlands at the end of this year!

I can't say that I'm surprised. 

In Canada, Hudsons Bay has morphed into The Bay.  Very pricey, high-end merchandise.  We rarely buy there because other stores are more competitive.

I just finished reading a trilogy about the history of the Hudsons Bay Company.  What you describe is consistent with what the company has done since it was founded in 1670.  A vast history of miscalculation and missed opportunities.  <_<

Mark

D810
Various lenses

Member, Canadian Association for Photographic Art

http://markshawphotography.ca

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users