9 replies to this topic

#1 Laney

Laney

Planet Guardian Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

Shot these around early May while over on the island - the scenery is exquisite there Big link should work, i hope http://photo-sharing.../mqu5i99iye.jpg

Edited by Laney, 28 June 2013 - 02:37 PM.

#2 Herman

Herman

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10257 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, computers, flight simulation (Airbus series), nature, photography and travel

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

Very nice, Laney. :)

Equipment: D810 | D300 | D50 | B700 | P5000 and some lenses.

Software: Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 + NIK Software Suite

My motto: To learn more today, than I knew yesterday!

#3 Laney

Laney

Planet Guardian Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

Going up this time

#4 Laney

Laney

Planet Guardian Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

Thanks Herman !

#5 Guest_chaswes5_*

Guest_chaswes5_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:53 PM

Nice Pano.

#6 Laney

Laney

Planet Guardian Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

Thanks Chas

#7 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20878 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:15 PM

Very nice, Laney. What City in Crete is this near, curious.
Signature_Line_V4

#8 Laney

Laney

Planet Guardian Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:42 AM

Thanks Art, it was way west of Rhethymno, ( where I stayed ) heading near to Chania, i'd have to ask my pal who lives in Crete where she drove us to.

Edited by Laney, 29 June 2013 - 06:43 AM.

#9 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 20878 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :). Nikon NPS Member. Professional Photographer.

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

Laney, I believe you are correct, I too would guess Retimo due to the proximity of the mountains to the city. A bit of a history lesson, the WWII German Airborne forces broke their back on Crete in a pyrrhic victory that ended with the airborne forces never being used again on this scale. Curious, did you see any historic sites of the battle, if any at all exist? Two German regiments of airborne would have landed in this area, that was defended by the Australians, if memory serves. Crete fell to the Germans after a short battle, but at a heavy cost.
Signature_Line_V4

#10 Laney

Laney

Planet Guardian Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:25 AM

I was only marginally aware of the WW2 with regards to Crete, Art, but thanks for the info I have now spoken to my friend in Crete via Skype, and have been told were stood at a place called Sellia, in the mountains, 2000ft above that village and bay in the photo. The village is called Plakios. We drove through a massive gorge to get to Sellia, and the gorge is the 2nd photo in this thread. I got it wrong, and we drove from Rhethymno in the north, and went directly south across the Island

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users