• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 fotofill

fotofill

Galactic Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3198 posts
  • Interests:I have been blessed to have a wonderful family that permits my activities doing photojournalism.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:11 AM

I made the decision to get a D4. (Had to sell D700 and some other quality items before I was allowed.) I put my name on two lists that were not in NY. I have bought a lot of gear from Roberts in Indianapolis and a local store in Nashville. I have been keeping in contact with the head Nikon guy in Melville. He and I are about the same age. I emailed him and asked about delivery status of new cameras. I found out that he is THE GUY who decides where and when the cameras are shipped! How cool is that. I just had to mentioned I was on a couple of lists. 8-)
Sports and photojournalism
http://www.fotofill.net

#2 photojazz

photojazz

Eon Timewave Master Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19342 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Photography, , More Photography, More Photography and now the Philadelphia Eagles.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 07:18 AM

Great...let us know how the D4 performs for you when it comes.

PhotoJazz - Just Capturing Life
PlanetNikon Member 141

Member of the following organizations:

American Society of Media Professionals

Fairmount Photo Club

NYI PhotoWorld Magazine

Photographic Society of Philadelphia

Philadelphia Photo League (PPL)

I photo-shoot with film, digital and medium format cameras, which includes the following:
Nikon D605, D200, F4E, F5, FE2 (Black & Silver), EM
Mamiya C330 Professional, M645 1000s, RB67
Bronica ETRSI

And I have some lenses.

C&C Is Always Welcome!!
New website coming soon!

#3 winclk

winclk

Planet Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1697 posts
  • Interests:Photography and Grandkids

Posted 22 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

That's great. I want to be like you when I grow up :D

Edited by winclk, 22 May 2012 - 05:49 PM.

Robin

Amateur Photographer--Hoping to upgrade my status one day

#4 Herman

Herman

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9836 posts
  • Interests:Aviation, computers, flight simulation, nature, photography and travel

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:28 AM

Congrats with your decision, Fotofill! I think the D4 is going to serve you well... :rolleyes:

Equipment: D810 | D300 | D50 and some lenses.

Software: Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 + NIK Software Suite

My motto: To learn more today, than I knew yesterday!

#5 Dennis

Dennis

• Moderators
  • 14326 posts
  • Interests:Photography, music, hiking (part of photography).

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

Congrats!

Thanks, Dennis.

Photography: 100 percent art, 100 percent technical. It takes a photographer to blend them into an image.

​Film: That tangible image that you can see and hold.

My Web Site.
My 500px page.

My Instagram.
Member; Colorado Springs Creative Photography Group

Nikon D4, D200, Fm2, FM, Mamiya RB67.

#6 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19559 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:16 PM

You GO, Phil!! I can hardly wait to see the images you post. WHEN? B) B)

...................... 🎥 Just another Photography buff! 🎥 .....................

|_____________________________________________________|

#7 fotofill

fotofill

Galactic Master Member

• Members
  • 3198 posts
  • Interests:I have been blessed to have a wonderful family that permits my activities doing photojournalism.

Posted 26 May 2012 - 01:39 AM

Camera is in transit. Wouldn't you know it's a holiday weekend and I have to wait until Tuesday! No shooting until Tuesday night so that part is OK. I have been using a D2X that was on a shelf. One thing I noticed is that it makes more noise than newer cams. Way back when I began this profession, I remember that a certain rangefinder Leica camera was the only one allowed in the courtrooms because it was quiiiiet.

#8 james23p

james23p

• Admin
  • 22561 posts
  • Interests:I am an avid film user and digital user. I enjoy both formats and firmly believe they can live side by side.

Right Jazz! :D

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:59 AM

Congratulations on the D4! Jim

God bless all those in harms way and Go Navy!

D700 w/MB-D10, D605 w/MB-D14, D200 w/MB-D200, D50, Coolpix P330.

Nikon 1 stuff: Nikon V1, Nikkor 10mm f2.8 pancake w/HN-N101 & HC-N101, Nikkor 10-30mm f3.5-5.6 w/HB-N101 Aspherical VR,, Nikkor 18.5mm f1.8 w/HB-N104, Nikon 1 FT-1, SB-N5 w/Polaroid Diffuser .

F100 w MB-15, N80, FM3a, FE2(Black and Silver) and EM.

Nikkor 24-85G ED AF-S VR, 70-300G ED AF-S VR, 28-105 3.5-4.5 AF-D, 50 1.8 AF-D, Nikkor 18-35 f3.5-4.5 AF-D ED.

Nikon Series E lens, 28mm, 100mm, 135mm, 75-150mm, 70-210 f4.

MF Nikkor's 50 f2 Ai, 500 f4 ED Ai-P.

MF Rokinon 14mm f2.8 ED AE UMC(Ai-P)

MF Rokinon 85mm f1.4 ASP AE UMC(Ai-P)

Sigma 24-70 f2.8 EX DG HSM, Tamron's SP 70-200 f2.8 LD Di IF/Macro BIM, Kenko Pro 300 1.4 TC DGX, Tokina 100 f2.8D Macro At-X.

Pro Manfrotto 055XV with Markins M10 ,Sirui P-326 6-Section Carbon Fiber Monopod with Markins Q3 Emille, Manfrotto Compact MKC3-H01M with Combo Head, 3Pod PTT1H Table Top Tripod with Giottos MH1304 Ballhead.

#9 chaswes5

chaswes5

Eon Timewave Hero Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8400 posts
  • Interests:Macs, photoshop, portraits and photographing ordinary life. I enjoy taking candid shots then developing them into something more than a snap shot.

Posted 28 May 2012 - 07:47 AM

I look forward to seeing your photos.
Charles Wesley

Nikon D800 and D700 and some lenses. Sony NEX 7 with 18-55 Kit Lens.

“When you photograph people in color, you photograph their clothes. But when you photograph people in Black and white, you photograph their souls!” ― Ted Grant I try never to fool myself that just pointing a camera at something makes it art. Or that snapping the shutter makes me an artist."

Don Giannatti

Gallery:http://wesleyphotography.zenfolio.com/

#10 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19559 posts
  • Interests:I have way too many interests and they include: Photography, My 2014 Mustang, Military History, Strategy Games, Video Games (Call of Duty: Black Ops and World at War), Computer Devices, Science Fiction, Movie Buff, Bad Science Fiction Movies of all types, Military Strategy Game Collector, Nikon Film Camera Collector, WWI 1/144 scale Plane collector, Wings of Glory and more... :)

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

Phil, I very briefly played with a D4 at the Nikon booth at the Exposure show this past weekend. I am not sure I can adequately describe the feeling. The rep set it to 11fps for me and I just died and went to heaven firing it off. This camera is NIRVANA to hold and use. It was solid, well balanced, quiet, and simply amazing to play with. You have nothing to worry about in regards to noise. It whispers, even at 11fps. The images in the seminar booth were first rate. I am sure, your images will SHINE in quality with this new addition! Congratulations.

#11 fotofill

fotofill

Galactic Master Member

• Members
  • 3198 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

Speed of capture is why I ordered it. Will be here end of day Wed. I think I will stay around home to sign for it. 8-) Funny thing, I was waiting for local store to get one. I sent one email to Roberts in Indianapolis, asking how long the list was for D4. I had an email to call them. They had some and shipped it same day, free shipping. That's pretty cool. However, back when I lived up there, I bought camera bodies and big glass from them. I moved to Nashville in 1991. Roberts Distributing has always had great prices and equipment in stock. I remember that some of my old shooting buddies in Chicago always bought gear from them, because they had it in stock and they traded fairly on used equipment. You guys will see the photos and I can hear you say, "Doesn't look any different to me." <G>

#12 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19559 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:42 PM

You guys will see the photos and I can hear you say, "Doesn't look any different to me." <G>

LOL

You know what, I am going to say it now, "IT DOESN'T LOOK ANY DIFFERENT TO ME! " :lol:

Check out my 5 images posted from the show. One of them is a D800. Guess which one. They pretty much look all the same to me! :lol:

However, to be fair, when you open them in NX2, the file is RICH, BIG and BEAUTIFUL. When you scrunch it down for web browsing, I am not sure it is that much better than anything my D90 can do. Judge for yourself.

http://www.planetnik...pic=17429&st=40

Maybe, the D4 will be strikingly different, but I think with small jpgs, they look all the same. No doubt, they will still be nice quality images! I can hardly wait to see them.

Edited by Art, 29 May 2012 - 11:44 PM.

#13 fotofill

fotofill

Galactic Master Member

• Members
  • 3198 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:00 PM

I posted in D4 cam forum... Looking online for battery #2 and it won't be Nikon.

#14 Art

Art

• Moderators
  • 19559 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:54 PM

Phil, read the impact on your warranty by going with a non-Nikon battery. Just in case.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users